2012 Ram 3500 valvoline 15w40 7685 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good. You can likely double the oil change interval without issue.

Valvoline always shows well in the used oil analysis I've seen posted.

Is valvoline using titianium as part of the additive package now? First I've seen titianium in a valvoline oil, it wasn't in the break in ocis so it had to come from the oil?

Is 7500 mile oci just recommended? Or is it required to maintain warranty? With such stellar results ( no fuel dilution, good tbn ) you could probably double the oci.

Great results anyway! Do you work this truck or is it just transportation?

Originally Posted By: volk06
Is valvoline using titianium as part of the additive package now? First I've seen titianium in a valvoline oil, it wasn't in the break in ocis so it had to come from the oil?

Yes it's an additive in the 15w/40. I used the 5w/40 for a while and they don't use it in that one. On the cummins forum there are some if us that compare out samples. The other guys using the valvoline 15/40 also show titanium.

Originally Posted By: dustyroads
Is 7500 mile oci just recommended? Or is it required to maintain warranty? With such stellar results ( no fuel dilution, good tbn ) you could probably double the oci.

Great results anyway! Do you work this truck or is it just transportation?

7500 is recommended. I voluntarily threw away my warranty lol and haven't regretted it so far. I might extend my oci. It's taken me a while to make myself go this long.

I pull my travel travel trailer 10,000# some. And my little kubota L3200 tractor maybe 5,000# +/-? Other than that she sees mostly solo driving in the oilfield.

I haven't put a pic on this forum yet so here she is. It's been a great truck so far.

I contacted support this morning.

Good morning, thank you for contacting Valvoline Product Support.

The titanium content in the Valvoline Premium Blue HDEO SAE 15W-40 is part of the additive package in our formulation.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at 800 TEAM VAL or by email at [email protected] for assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.
Erik

Originally Posted By: volk06
I contacted support this morning.

Good morning, thank you for contacting Valvoline Product Support.

The titanium content in the Valvoline Premium Blue HDEO SAE 15W-40 is part of the additive package in our formulation.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at 800 TEAM VAL or by email at [email protected] for assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.
Erik

Cool thanks! I hadn't never asked valvoline. I just noticed every one that uses it has the titanium.

With the long wheelbase dually set up and cummins torque, I'd guess you barely notice either of your trailers behind you (other than seeing them in the mirror). So much for working it...ha!

Nice truck

Bought some Rotella t6 5w/40 while they had a good deal on it. Wear rates are pretty much the same. As the 15w/40 oil. I put more of the t6 back in after this oil change. Probably use 15w/40 for the next change and save the other 5w/40 for late next year.

I might send a virgin sample of mystik 15w/40. Been seeing good prices on it. And have heard good things about that oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back