Harley Davidson Owners w/100,000 Miles on Bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Joe_Power
Grampi has a dislike for Harleys, because back in the day, he was putting around on his little scooter. His girlfriend was on the back. They pulled up to a red light, next to a Harley. His girlfriend shouts, "Oooooh! A REAL biker on a REAL motorcycle!!". She jumped off, got on the backseat of the Harley, and they rode off into the sunset. Grampi pulled off to the side of the road, bawling his eyes out.The next day, Grampi was determined to get a REAL bike. He went to the HD dealership. As soon as he walked in, they took a look at him, and everyone in there started laughing hysterically. He turned around and ran, jumped on his little scooter, and rode back home, bawling the whole time. Momma held him for hours than night, feeding him milk and cookies, until he fell asleep.

If she took off on the back of a Harley, he was probably crying tears of joy at being shed of the leather skinned, chain smoking, meth toothed Freddy Krueger look alike.

Originally Posted By: SlipperyPete
Grampi has a dislike for Harleys, because back in the day, he was putting around on his little scooter. His girlfriend was on the back. They pulled up to a red light, next to a Harley. His girlfriend shouts, "Oooooh! A REAL biker on a REAL motorcycle!!". She jumped off, got on the backseat of the Harley, and they rode off into the sunset. Grampi pulled off to the side of the road, bawling his eyes out.The next day, Grampi was determined to get a REAL bike. He went to the HD dealership. As soon as he walked in, they took a look at him, and everyone in there started laughing hysterically. He turned around and ran, jumped on his little scooter, and rode back home, bawling the whole time. Momma held him for hours than night, feeding him milk and cookies, until he fell asleep.

If she took off on the back of a Harley, he was probably crying tears of joy at being shed of the leather skinned, chain smoking, meth toothed Freddy Krueger look alike.

Yeah, I don't date women pirates...

Originally Posted By: SlipperyPete

Now that's funny.

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: dr2152
Not sure what you rode but HP and torque are almost the same as a Victory.

You might want to watch these...pay particular attention to the 2nd video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGkFPUeNUqc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUKKbuibqhs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_OK-D5zW3M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9Ld-IK-uNg

Not sure what you wanted me to look at. Victory Cross Cross Country is 88hp and 105 tq Harley Limited is 88hp and 105tq. Both at the crank. Your youtube is almost 5 years old. Plus it was rear wheel on Harley and crank on Victory. It was an advertisement for Victory. Its called marketing. I hope this is not where you get your info.

Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
Wow I wasn't aware Victory was so much better then any Harley. Where's the video that explains why their resale value drops like a stone, compared to Harley?.,,

Resale is not an accurate indicator of the quality of the machine. Last I saw the customer satisfaction is quite high on the victory bikes. Yes, you can pick one up used at a good price, but I have noticed in my area that used Victorys are hard to find unless they are quite well used up. Seems the people that buy them love them and tend to keep them.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
You can get nice leathers without looking like a power ranger. Adjust your knee pucks.

Kids love the PR suit but their parents aren't amused...

288884845_caf5487bfc_b.jpg

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Wow I wasn't aware Victory was so much better then any Harley. Where's the video that explains why their resale value drops like a stone, compared to Harley?.,,

Resale is not an accurate indicator of the quality of the machine. Last I saw the customer satisfaction is quite high on the victory bikes. Yes, you can pick one up used at a good price, but I have noticed in my area that used Victorys are hard to find unless they are quite well used up. Seems the people that buy them love them and tend to keep them.
Resale is the ultimate indicator. Of course people that bought them are going to say they're great. Who want's to admit they bought a boring copy of the real thing?. It's a shame that bikes with less then 10k on them are considered "used up", but I guess you get what you pay for. I don't know if people "love them", as much as people keep them because they can't sell them. Check NADA or KBB's value of a '10 victory. In 4 short years their value drops 50%. Where's the big following? where are the dedicated owners? Apparently all their high tech improvements over Harley, who is the only bike they try to compare themselves to, tends to be something that doesn't sell motorcycles. Why is it every bike maker sets it sites on dethroning Harley,but to date none has? Why doesn't Victory compare it's bikes to Yamaha's bikes? or to Honda's? Last I heard Kawasaki makes some v-twin touring bikes. The only thing they have in common with them is lousy resale.,,

Resale is the ultimate indicator.

If that's true, you just killed your own argument. In these parts, the Goldwing holds it's value more than any other bike. Touring bikes in general all hold value, but the Goldwing seems to be #1.

I did an NADA comparison of a 10 year old Electraglide vs a 10 year old Goldwing a couple pages back. The Electraglides NADA used value was almost double the Goldwings. Might be different in Ohio...

I can't count the times that folks have walked past the Harleys parked out front of the gas station and Made the comment " Harley, the Cadillac of motorcycles" or "Man, nice Harley", or "Man, I wish I had one of those" or Man, I have a Harley at the house" (okay). I have been riding for over 3 decades, and have never heard anyone say anything like that about any other bike. If they did it would go like this, "Man, what is that"

I did an NADA comparison of a 10 year old Electraglide vs a 10 year old Goldwing a couple pages back. The Electraglides NADA used value was almost double the Goldwings. Might be different in Ohio...

How about the 69 FLH I bought in 1976 at the New Orleans police auction for 600 dollars and sold last year for 8500 cash. The older models sure have appreciated. Don't see no 40 year old yammies, kawis or Hondos bringing that kind of return. In fact I can't remember ever seeing an old japanese bike period.

Last edited:

Comparing Craigslist and Cycletrader ads, The Goldwings seem a bit higher locally. It's not a big difference, but enough that I noticed.

Originally Posted By: xl2006

How about the 69 FLH I bought in 1976 at the New Orleans police auction for 600 dollars and sold last year for 8500 cash. The older models sure have appreciated. Don't see no 40 year old yammies, kawis or Hondos bringing that kind of return. In fact I can't remember ever seeing an old japanese bike period.

There are plenty of old Japanese bikes going for high dollars. Clean Honda CBs and CBXs are very desirable. Look at the cafe scene to see some modified bikes selling very high.

I can't count the times that folks have walked past the Harleys parked out front of the gas station and Made the comment " Harley, the Cadillac of motorcycles" or "Man, nice Harley", or "Man, I wish I had one of those" or Man, I have a Harley at the house" (okay). I have been riding for over 3 decades, and have never heard anyone say anything like that about any other bike. If they did it would go like this, "Man, what is that"

I can't count the times I've parked my 109 next to Harleys (intentionally) and people don't even look at the Harleys...they'll stare and take pictures at the 109 and when they finally walk away, nary a look at the Harleys...

Originally Posted By: whip

There are plenty of old Japanese bikes going for high dollars. Clean Honda CBs and CBXs are very desirable. Look at the cafe scene to see some modified bikes selling very high.

The old trials bikes are still much sought after too...

Originally Posted By: grampi

I can't count the times I've parked my 109 next to Harleys (intentionally) and people don't even look at the Harleys...they'll stare and take pictures at the 109 and when they finally walk away, nary a look at the Harleys...

Suzuki M109 is a nice bike. It was their answer to the Yamaha Road Star Warrior. It looks like a Vrod for a reason. You don't see that many of them. I think that's why people look.
Have you had any of the second gear or over heat problems that the M109 is known for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back