Redline 20w-50 4999 miles in a Victory Cross Count

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour with 25,000 total miles. Sorry I don't know how to post the PDF. I copied the results from the report.

Report is fine, wear metals all looking good and TBN is strong at 4.9. Oil is staying well inside the Viscosity. Here is a break down of the lines and the comments from blackstone labs.

Oil is Redline 20w-50 motorcycle oil.

Miles on oil = 4,999

Miles on engine 25,001

No make up oil added.

Aluminum 2 ppm universal averages 5 ppm

Chromium 0 ppm universal averages 0 ppm

Iron 15 ppm universal averages 25 ppm Iron is down trending

Copper 9 ppm universal averages 5 ppm Copper is down trending.

Lead 4 ppm universal averages 1 ppm Lead is down trending.

Tin 1 ppm universal averages 1 ppm

Molybdenum 448 ppm universal averages 39 ppm

Nickel 0 ppm universal averages 1 ppm

Manganese 0 ppm universal averages 2 ppm

Silver 0 ppm universal averages 0 ppm

Titanium o ppm universal averages 0 ppm

Potassium 0 ppm universal averages 2 ppm

Boron 20 ppm universal averages 13 ppm

Silicon 11 ppm universal averages 11 ppm

Sodium 3 ppm universal averages 6 ppm

Calcium 2451 ppm universal averages 1705 ppm

Magnesium 17 ppm universal averages 532 ppm

Phosphorus 1929 ppm universal averages 1046 ppm

Zinc 2269 ppm universal averages 1222 ppm

Barium 0 ppm universal averages 2 ppm

SUS Viscosity @210 F 98.8 Values should be 86-102

cSt Viscosity @100 C 20.08 Values should be 17.0-21.1

Flashpoint in F 455 Values should be >385

Fuel %

Antifreeze % 0

Water % 0 Values should be

Insolubles % 0.1 Values should be

TBN 4.9 Values should be >1.0

Comments: Copper and Lead managed to improve a little more this time around, and while both are still reading a few ppm above the average level, we're comfortable removing the highlights this time around. Universal averages are based on a shorter 3,300 mile oil run, so we're not going to quibble over a few extra ppm of metal when you've gone a lot longer on the oil, especially with the iron (from steel) reading so low. Iron is usually the metal that tracks most closely with time on the oil. The TBN is strong at 4.9, and no harmful contaminants or other issues were found. Nice!

Last edited:
Great report. What kind of riding do you do?

I went to the Victory website. The specs read like a dream sheet for a Harley that's never been built. I've been a rider all my life and I've never even looked at one of these bikes. My neighbor just asked me if I'd like to ride his 2013 bike. I'm ready to go this afternoon. Thank for the push. The neighbor said it was a good excuse to ride my bike so we're on for an afternoon ride.

We ride mostly in SW Florida. We go down to Naples, up to the Sarasota area eat lunch at the Salty Dog. We live in the Ft. Myers area.

This bike has been rock solid reliable from day one. Oil changes are quick and easy just one hole for the oil, the oil filter is right on the back of the engine so when you remove it you don't shower everything around with oil. I can change the oil and filter in 15 minutes.

The Cross Country Tour is a very well thought out bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back