Lubegard Engine Oil Protectant improves oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
liquid wax ester ?sound a lot like methyl ester,(the bio part in diesel)don't put too much ester anywhere.if you keep it to less the 1% (preferably 0.5 %)and you should be fine.but I tend to agree with mobil.it shouldn't be needed ,the only exeption is the season change ,like from winter to summer or the summer to winter (twice a year)when temperature stay in the minus or when the temp stay in the plus it might be a good idea to put something like this product ,but every week ?nope ,I don't think you need this every week

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Originally Posted By: tig1

You have it backwards. Of course no one will suggest adding something to their oil. If you read the M1 link I provided M1 says additives can upset the formular itself and do not add anything to their oil. My 36 year history using M1 oils has proven to me nothing needs to be added to their product. However some other brands may need this product.

So you think Mobil hires idiots for the director of lubrication research positions?

So you didn't read the article.
31.gif
Dr. Landis is a former employee of XM. Former.

With that said I'm sure he is very knowledgeable in his field. Creating new products to sell.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: yvon_la
...liquid wax ester ?sound a lot like methyl ester,...

Nope, two entirely different esters.

31.gif

With that said I'm sure he is very knowledgeable in his field. Creating new products to sell.

I don't think that makes the point you want it to make. But good try!

Fascinating stuff, never looked at it before. LubeGard makes good stuff, how much is this? I pay 12 bucks for Lubegard Red for my trannies and at those extended intervals believe it is worth it.

Oh and I found it hilarious (and believable) that Lucas made the oil WORSE!
lol.gif

The one thing I can say for sure about Lubegard products is that their Lubegard Power Steering Supplement worked for me. Now some here are going to demand scientific proof. I can't provide scientific proof. I don't own a multi-million dollar chemical company. All I know is that Lubegard product stopped a power steering unit from squealing in cold weather. It stopped the problem immediately. That was proof enough for me.

I have used Lubegard Biotech Engine Oil Supplement. It seemed to me that it improved engine performance. Again, some will demand scientific proof. I don't have scientific proof. Just my personal experience which is good enough for me.

Originally Posted By: boxcartommie22
mystic, the end result is what is important. who needs scientific proof!

Now that's a loaded question. Read through these threads you'll find out in short order if you haven't done so already. LOL j/k you already know..........

Those not gullible enough to fall for the hand on the manifold claim. Those people?

Or the "it was like my car was on sport mode....where less application means more output. Let me tell you i put it in sport mode.....could not keep the tires planted!!!!" claim.

Don't know why the same two bring up this "scientific proof" claim. Especially as those two are the only ones who bring it up.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
[
The liquid wax esters are esters synthesized from rapeseed acids and special alcohols.

I'm really surprised rapeseed and alcohols didn't get censored on BITOG.

Their testing specifically calls out improvements when used with Pennzoil, Quaker state, Havoline, Castrol and Mobil 1. There is also an independent test at the bottom.

Didn't they use Timken machine?

I've used Lubegard transmission treatments with success. I was getting an intermittent "solenoid A" fault code. Every time the "A" solenoid got stuck ( always on a cold start), I'd get rock hard shifts, until I stopped and restarted the engine. A can of Lubegard friction modifier and a can of transmission protector and 500 miles later, smoother shifts and the "A" solenoid has yet to get stuck again. It would seem, that, in this instance, the snake oil did what it was supposed to do. If they know what they're doing with their trans additives, they might actually know what they're doing with the rest of their product line.

To me, additives are like holistic medicine compared to conventional medicine.. Sometimes you just need to change your diet and take your vitamins.( the right additive for a specific, minor problem). and sometimes you need a surgeon ( in the case of your car, a mechanic and money). :)

31.gif

I don't think that makes the point you want it to make. But good try!

Hehehe.

Well molekule has said a mouthful in his post.

Where do I find this stuff in Canada. Considering the benefits as molekule describes them I can get on board here.

When you buy the quart bottle on Amazon, with free shipping, it comes out MUCH less expensive per ounce than going into a NAPA and buying the 15 ounce size off the shelf, and paying tax (in the U.S. at least
wink.gif
).

We sell a lot of the the Bio-tech at out shop. Some of our clients even put this in their performance drag/race vehicles. The owner of our shop is a huge lubegard fanatic, I think he drinks the stuff....lol

We provide UOA's at our shop and I'm pretty sure they are all saved somewhere on our computer system which means I may be able to pull up and print or scan some of the reports so I can post some them with the consent from the customers of course.

I have heard that most of the UOA's with the bio-tech added to the oil came back with astounding numbers and our customers have been very pleased with the results. I will do my best to get these UOA's posted if I'm able.

I've used this before as well as the Lubro Moly MoS2. Honestly, to a full synthetic today I wouldn't use it, but if I wanted to spike some conventional I'd definitely add one or the other if I got a decent deal locally or through Amazon, etc. With the goal of a longer interval with dino, ofc.
smile.gif

Bio E/P is one of the few additives that made my favorite oil additives list, its a very short list. It comes from a great company making some fantastic products.-RD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back