wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello , yesterday i added a bottle of techron injector cleaner and got gas at a different station than usual and today my 09 silverado wont fire ,just turns over ,
im thinking its fuel pump or pressure regulator (checked fuses)
does this seem odd without acting up at all prior to today ,its been running fine

Did it run fine when you shut it down? If so, I doubt it was the fuel. Something else is most probably the problem. Can you hear the fuel pump running? There is also a fuel pump relay. You may be able to switch relays to see if it is the pump or the rely. Ed

Unfortunately, things do break.

When it's the fuel pump going bad sometimes it makes the driver feel a need to fill up the gas tank. The pump knows it got to you so then when you go to start the truck it won't start. Sometimes they'll be nice and work one more time so you can get home.

When the key is first switched from off to on the pump should run for two seconds and make a humming noise that you can hear while listening closely at the gas tank. Get someone else to turn the key for you because you won't be able to get from the driver's seat to the gas tank in 2 seconds. If you hear the pump run, then you have other things to check.

If you don't hear a hum the pump isn't spinning. Try banging the gas tank at bottom center with a large hammer while someone else tries to start it. The noise will sometimes scare the pump and it will start to work. If it does that, you've caught it! Time for a new pump! If the pump holds its composure and remains silent then you need to check the electricals before condemning the pump.

It ran fine before and after i got the gas , it acted up today when i went to start it ,no prior symptoms ,
I have to check again about the pump turning on

Check for water in the fuel, it wouldn't be the first time.
With ethanol in the fuel its not as cut and dry as it was with regular gas where the water went instantly to the bottom and killed the engine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back