Nightmare in the septic

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morni...-unwed-mothers/

Quote:
In a town in western Ireland, where castle ruins pepper green landscapes, there’s a six-foot stone wall that once surrounded a place called the Home. Between 1925 and 1961, thousands of “fallen women” and their “illegitimate” children passed through the Home, run by the Bon Secours nuns in Tuam.
Many of the women, after paying a penance of indentured servitude for their out-of-wedlock pregnancy, left the Home for work and lives in other parts of Ireland and beyond. Some of their children were not so fortunate.
More than five decades after the Home was closed and destroyed — where a housing development and children’s playground now stands — what happened to nearly 800 of those abandoned children has now emerged: Their bodies were piled into a massive septic tank sitting in the back of the structure and forgotten, with neither gravestones nor coffins.

The last two movies we watched we're 'Philomena' and 'The Sister's magdalen '
Both very good movies, please see them if you can.

In the name of God, how does this happen?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: expat
The last two movies we watched we're 'Philomena' and the 'Sister magdalen '

It's hard to comment without venturing off into R/S/P, but it has happened all through history and into today.

These nuns BELIEVED what they were doing was right. I'm sure they read somewhere, from whatever book that they followed that supported their actions.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: The_Eric

It's hard to comment without venturing off into R/S/P, but it has happened all through history and into today.

Today it's state sponsored and by "choice". So I guess we don't call such things illegitimate.

Man is a complex animal.

Originally Posted By: Pablo

Today it's state sponsored and by "choice". So I guess we don't call such things illegitimate.

Man is a complex animal.

I'm sure you won't agree, but that's not what was happening back then. Not the same at all and I believe the motives and morality of what you're talking about is for a different thread.

I'm sure you won't agree, but that's not what was happening back then. Not the same at all and I believe the motives and morality of what you're talking about is for a different thread.

No back then it must have been far more cruel to the Mother as depicted in 'Philomena'. (Great movie BTW). I don't think it's that much different when you look at it purely from a killing of our own human offspring, point of view.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
There are no "illegitimate" children, only illegitimate parents...

Yep. And "caregivers".

This is what happens when one turns the Gospel of Jesus [censored] into a list of rules either to be followed or ignored. I pray God's mercy upon these little souls so easily thrown away, and upon those who looked upon them as human trash.

I absolutely, positively, cannot understand why people throw away a pre-born life.

It's gotta be one of the most self-absorbed & disgusting things the Human race has ever done.

Makes me wanna
37.gif

Quote:

According to documents Corless provided the Irish Mail on Sunday, malnutrition and neglect killed many of the children, while others died of measles, convulsions, TB, gastroenteritis and pneumonia. Infant mortality at the Home was staggeringly

Originally Posted By: Pablo

Man is a complex animal.

I make no comment on the "right" or "wrong" of it but it is so much more antiseptic today. Man finds ways to justify actions no matter how horrid.

People that do things like that HAVE to have something wired wrong in thier brains or sonething (assuming the babies were killed). There has got to be a special place in hades for them.

Originally Posted By: Propflux01
People that do things like that HAVE to have something wired wrong in thier brains or sonething (assuming the babies were killed). There has got to be a special place in hades for them.

Well, they, according to the article weren't "killed" in the sense that somebody beat them together or euthanized them. Rather they were starved and lived in the worst of conditions which ultimately meant that the death rate of those being born in this institution was staggering. Many died shortly after birth, others, who lived, later died from a combination of starvation, disease....etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back