How about this cretin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sign will probably be full of bullet holes in a week or two.
eek.gif

Quote:
It is better to run over a bicyclest [sic] then to get in a head on accedent [sic] because they don't share the road."

I can understand his feelings although i wouldn't want to run anyone over. Bicycle riders are sometimes a real menace to motorcycle riders.

Constant issue around me in NY. Both motorist and bicyclist push the issue to very bad places. When there is no bike lane and you choose to ride 2 or 3 wide, there aren't many New Yorkers who are going to patiently wait for an opportunity to pass you. IMHO when you do that (ride multiple wide) you are seeking a fight or to be hit.

I don't think they should allow more than one abreast, after all cars aren't permitted to drive like that.

Originally Posted By: mcrn
Just another reason to go mountain biking!

Yes, except that all of the lichen kissers have made SURE that ALL of the trails (EVEN the fire roads!) in the areas I've lived were PERMANENTLY closed to riders, DESPITE the fact that we did regular, intensive trail maintenance, and they did NONE at all!
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: mcrn
Just another reason to go mountain biking!

Yes, except that all of the lichen kissers have made SURE that ALL of the trails (EVEN the fire roads!) in the areas I've lived were PERMANENTLY closed to riders, DESPITE the fact that we did regular, intensive trail maintenance, and they did NONE at all!
mad.gif

Man that sucks....and makes no sense! Sounds like you need a bigger mountain biking organization where you live!

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
Originally Posted By: Trav
Quote:
It is better to run over a bicyclest [sic] then to get in a head on accedent [sic] because they don't share the road."

I can understand his feelings although i wouldn't want to run anyone over. Bicycle riders are sometimes a real menace to motorcycle riders.

examples:
http://youtu.be/dNFaAqS2f18

http://youtu.be/TYXYsjLsz78

http://youtu.be/MabtO9P-qNQ

Those examples show just the opposite: Motorcyclists are a menace to bicyclists, not the other way around. The motorcycle rider was clearly at fault in every one of those videos.

I'm not a teacher, BUT... WOW. Three mistakes on that ignorant sign and, no one here (so far), or even the TV reporter or his news editor could point out the third atrocity on that neanderthal's phrase? I bet that jewel took several hours to draft, paint and hang up... but saved plenty by not having to check grammar or spelling.

That sign is a testament that our education system is an epic fail.

Originally Posted By: datech
I don't think they should allow more than one abreast, after all cars aren't permitted to drive like that.

They are in California but people don't.

Originally Posted By: datech

But motorcycles do that.

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
Originally Posted By: Trav
Quote:

examples:
http://youtu.be/dNFaAqS2f18

I didn't watch all three videos, as I don't have the time at the moment. This video is a pathetic display of Motorcycle riding.

I am a life-long Motorcyclist, (since the age of 6 anyway) and can tell you that Motorcyclist has virtually no riding ability. He is not going fast, certainly not anywhere near the limits of the tires or the bike (SV650). He is so unskilled that he panics and target fixates on the bicyclist, even at the low speed he was riding.

This unskilled Motorcyclist has no business riding on the public roads. He is a hazard to himself, and more importantly, others.

you probably missed him hitting his foot on the ground then going wide because he stood it up too much?

Originally Posted By: Rand
you probably missed him hitting his foot on the ground then going wide because he stood it up too much?

Nope. I saw and heard it. Again, he is an unskilled rider that doesn't understand proper foot placement on the pegs when a negotiating a mild curve in the road. Due to his incompetence he is a danger to others, and himself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back