Moccamaster from Technivorm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchased what is supposed to be the BEST auto drip coffee maker. This is model KBT741 with the stainless carafe. This has an all copper heating element, and a copper lined shower head with 9 holes to evenly distribute the water over the coffee grounds. Overall the build seems very sturdy. I brewed the first pot this morning, and it indeed does brew at 200 degrees which is the optimal temp for brewing coffee. The stainless steel carafe does keep the coffee hot for several hours after brewing. I took the temp 3 hrs after brewing and it was still 173 degrees. I cant say that the coffee is all much better than my 89 dollar cuisinart, but I'm going to stick with it for at least 30 days. May have to use the Warranty to return. $299 for a coffee maker is definitely a splurge but I have recently become a coffee nut.

I've had one for 3+ years still going strong.
avoid their grinder though.. its just a glorified duster...--blade grinder

2013-02-08%2013.39.02.jpg

If I didn't drink so little coffee at home I'd take a good look at one of these. They look like the cat's meow, and something that would last 20+ years easily.

Nice.... I like a good ol pot of drip coffee. Will have to keep this one in mind.
Reminds me of the the Bonavita BV1800

I had a talk with their tech support they said my outlet pipe corroded with lime scale (doesnt look like lime scale)
and recommended DEZCAL-lime descaler and CAFCLEAN-coffee oil remover.

I got them at target and they both work excellent.

They are also shipping me a new outlet pipe free.. cant beat that customer service.

I ran 2 batches of dezcal through but I think the second didnt do much.. the first was semi-yellow.

Then I ran some cleancaf through my clean coffee maker

ended up with this... this was org. lightly tinted blue water with cafclean.

this is NOT coffee
2014-05-29%2010.48.23.jpg

coffee now has that "sparkle" and tastes great again.

Last edited:
I'll have to run some of those cleaners through the Bunn at work. All it sees is constant use. At least we have a separate clean container for filling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back