Bugatti required oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Just shades of grey...no-one needs more than 5W-20 int heir Mustang for normal road use (and on the track, they don't need all the horsepower that they paid for either)...just shades of grey

Something quite often ignored here with our intense focus on absolutes (probably from all those darn engineers)....

I don't see the point in using an oil such as 0w20 or 5w20 as it will be fine most of the time.

As then i would never be able to use all the performance of my vehicle.

Well only if i did a quick oil change to the proper specified oil to ensure the level of protection deemed appropriate by the company that designed and built it.

Those of you scoffing at a hp rating being associated with a turbine engine are ignorant of the subject. A hp rating in an engine or motor is a mathematical, formulaic extraction based on torque and rpm. In an aircraft engine, thrust and aircraft speed, to put it simplistically, can be converted to hp. It is a straightforward mathematical formula. It is also more of an engineering construct than a "piloting" or aviating number. As a result, you don't often see it in aviation publications or articles, but you certainly see it in powerplant industry publications or articles and the like. It is not a 1:1 correlation, but thrust and hp numbers are often similar in a given high bypass turbine engine.

This car can have a much higher top speed. The limiting factor is not the engine or aerodynamics but the tires themselves. People comparing this to an S2000 is just funny. Don't get me wrong, the S2000 had a fantastic motor but these two cars aren't even in the same league.

reading about ester oils some time ago + it was stated ONLY an ester oil can handle the heat of jet engines + the cost of the specially made ester oils used in jets is not changed is OUTRAGEOUS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back