Cyclists Can Now Call AAA For Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014...ft=1&f=1001

AAA is increasingly in the business of fixing bikes and giving rides to cyclists who run into trouble. AAA clubs in Colorado and Southern New England announced the new service in time for this week's Bike to Work Day, following the lead of other regional auto clubs.

The organization, whose territory includes Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey and Rhode Island, will send mechanics in trucks that are outfitted with bike racks to cyclists who call for help, in a new benefit the company says comes with existing memberships.

Service for bike riders has been available in Oregon and Idaho since 2012 and in New Jersey since last year. In Massachusetts, about 30 AAA trucks will be outfitted with bike racks."

Hmmm, I will have to check if Pennsyltuckey/Mid-Atlantic region AAA is going to get on board with this soon.
21.gif

Sounds like a lifesaver if one cracks a wheel/breaks a derailleur/etc. 50 miles from home and NO ONE else is around to pick you up.
wink.gif

Now that's an idea. Why not? I wouldn't expect the AAA guy to fix my bike, but if he took me home, that would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back