Never Get Fat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Olas
Exercise is key. Top bodybuilders can ingest 8k+ calories a day and stay at 2% or less bodyfat.

If you want to keep eating what you eat, exercise.
If you want to get in shape without exercising, eat no more than 2000 calories/day.

Simple

It's nice to think that. However, I pump iron for an hour, at the gym every other day, have a personal trainer, ride my bicycle 27 miles in the morning and I'm still carrying too much fat.

I also stick to a low carb diet, watch my calorie intake and so on. I'm more diet/exercise careful and disciplined than anyone I know. It keeps me at an "American normal" size and the day I miss a gym session, I bloat up.

Sorry, but our food supply here is a problem. People in many/most other countries don't have these issues. And, to prove a point, when thin people from other countries come here, they often become fat.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cujet
Originally Posted By: Olas
Exercise is key. Top bodybuilders can ingest 8k+ calories a day and stay at 2% or less bodyfat.

If you want to keep eating what you eat, exercise.
If you want to get in shape without exercising, eat no more than 2000 calories/day.

Simple

It's nice to think that. However, I pump iron for an hour, at the gym every other day, have a personal trainer, ride my bicycle 27 miles in the morning and I'm still carrying too much fat.

I also stick to a low carb diet, watch my calorie intake and so on. I'm more diet/exercise careful and disciplined than anyone I know. It keeps me at an "American normal" size and the day I miss a gym session, I bloat up.

Sorry, but our food supply here is a problem. People in many/most other countries don't have these issues. And, to prove a point, when thin people from other countries come here, they often become fat.

This. Eating refined foods is a MAJOR problem.

Originally Posted By: SEMI_287
This. Eating refined foods is a MAJOR problem.

Not really, but it is part of the problem. In general quality of food in NA is very poor starting right from the beginning because food production is geared for huge volume. We have genetically modified crops (a huge unknown at this point) that will not grow unless synthetic fertilizer is used. The catch 22 here is that as the soil becomes less and less nutrient rich we have to use more synthetic fertilizer and develop crops that don't need those nutrients. So the crops themselves have poor nutritional value.

Then we try to feed those low quality crops to ourselves and cattle. Cattle doesn’t grow as fast as the industry would like it to partly because the crops are poor, so we feed it all sorts of growth hormones and steroids. Most people enjoying that nice, juicy stake don't realize that the cow that it came from looks like a Frankenstein with overdeveloped muscles that are desirable and underdeveloped everything else, including organs, all while the cow just stays in the barn.
Most of the produce that arrives by truck is actually green and then is sprayed in the supermarket with some chemicals to make it look ripe. That is why most tomatoes, cucumbers and other veggies are almost tasteless.
Now, add all the processing that goes into preparing ready to eat meals, you know to get that taste back and there is no great mystery why Americans are far more obese than any other nation in the world.

I don't belong to a gym because it feels like a chore going to it.

Instead I do 25 pushups, situps and squats per day plus a 30 min walk. Either outside, mall or local college indoor track. Eat two cans of sardines per day. The brands reall do vary in quality though. Bumble Bee is my favorite and the mustard flavor or tomato sauce. But watch some of the ones in tomato sauce have msg in them. Also avoid Polar brand since it a little too fishy for me. Eat the small bones in them for calcium. No carbs all protein eventhough I get complex carbs from other sources.

Wassup guys! I used to weight 118 lb , 5 months ago. Now I am at 154 lb. I gained 36 lbs. I start eating a lot. And weight lift ( 10 to 15 min ). With the gold gym xr 45. So anything is possible if you want to gain weight , muscle. Gl

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Last night I had 2 ribeyes,a huge baked potato loaded with butter and cheese,followed with 2 bowls of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal,a pint of Baskin Robbins choc fudge ice cream,some strawberries,some peanut butter,then a glass of oj.

By "last night" did you mean 4:25pm?

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Last night I had 2 ribeyes,a huge baked potato loaded with butter and cheese,followed with 2 bowls of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal,a pint of Baskin Robbins choc fudge ice cream,some strawberries,some peanut butter,then a glass of oj.

By "last night" did you mean 4:25pm?

Nope. Started at 9pm and ate till about midnight,then went to bed :^)

I weighed 150lbs in college and was in shape. Now 25 years latter I weigh 145lbs due to sedentary job. I eat healthy and only the amount I need to consume. I do eat 4 times per day typically small amounts. If I exercise or do yard work I add another small meal or two. I eat very little red meat but eat lots of local seafood and supermarket chicken.

If I eat yucky food(eg fast food or fried) I feel terrible instantly.

I think it is pure genes/make up.

When I was in high school,I was 6'1,150 lbs,and had a 29 inch waist haha,I was SKINNY!! My shoulder blade length shaggy hair might've counted for some of that weight haha (hey,it was the 80s :^P). Now at 45,I weight around 175,and my waist is 32-33 and I still have my thick shaggy hair,just not down past my shoulders anymore :^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back