Motorcraft FL-810 cutout Please ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ChevyBadger
Search for that filter plus bobistheoilguy.com on google you will find some.

I did.. nothing came up with this number.

Yea this is the filter that will fit my Honda Accord and my Dad Honda Oddessy.

He uses Motorcraft 810 FL , He lives in differnt area of the state then me.

He has always used Motocraft oil filters on NON FORDS and FORDS..

Ill ask him to zip lock one up on his next OCI.. He knows I like to cut them open.

However you do know the FL810 has no Silicone ADBV.. Its regular... but still Motorcrafts are awesome.

Originally Posted By: David1

However you do know the FL810 has no Silicone ADBV..

Not a concern for me. That silicon vs rubber ADBV is really not an issue. The filter gets replaced after 1 year. Rubber dries out in 5-6 years !

Quote:
... That silicon vs rubber ADBV is really not an issue. The filter gets replaced after 1 year. Rubber dries out in 5-6 years !

Ehh, don't agree with all of that conclusion. Fram rep here says ~6 months for nitrile. Depends on application of course, but cold weather and extended ocis favor using silicone adbv. Rubber may last 5-6 years but staying pliable to maintain function is another matter.

Otoh, if one isn't getting a start up rattle over the length of the oci, then nitrile likely ok. But, silicone is superior over the long run.

To the topic, no pics but majority FoMoCo app Motorcraft use S suffix silicone adbv and thread end bypass. As mentioned this one has nitrile and I'm fairly sure dome end bypass. Latter no biggie to me, but just pointing it out. In appearance, but hopefully without recent tears, it will look most similar to a Puro Classic and it's variants.

My records show that the FL-822 is the long version of the FL-810.

FL-822 is basically a Purolator Classic L14610 and the FL-810 is basically a Purolator Classic L14612.

All have the flat/spiral looking bypass valve spring in the dome end and have a nitrile ADBV.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
My records show that the FL-822 is the long version of the FL-810.

FL-822 is basically a Purolator Classic L14610 and the FL-810 is basically a Purolator Classic L14612.

All have the flat/spiral looking bypass valve spring in the dome end and have a nitrile ADBV.

Thanks I look for the 822

However I have a A01 waiting here for next OCI... but If is see one Ill buy it

Thanks
smile.gif

Also I remember FORD put the silcone ADBV to quit lifter noise on cold starts.

I remember my FORD BRONCO II I had... when I use FRAM I could hear noise on a cold start up.

but when i went to Motorcraft that sound was gone.. Not sure if it was b/c bypass was at top....

I was in a cold cold climate when I had my 4x4 Bronco II.. that was my first Car.. well my 2nd.......

My First car was OLD DIESEL 5.7 V8, but I drove it, but it was not mine.. It was my Grannys but she never really drove it and I was 16 and I was more then happy to drive to get whatever she needed plus I Would drive to school and go out in weekends with it.

again... thanks for i nfo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back