Electric Oil Extractor Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pump

I had to change my ATF today because of a leaky pan gasket. I bought this pump about a month ago thinking it would make changes much easier. It was on sale and much cheaper than a Mightyvac. It appeared pretty straight forward and ran off the battery. The pump ran flawlessly and I hardly spilled any ATF on the floor. I was very impressed until I tried turning my Jeep back on to check my fluid level.. The battery was dead.

I was able to tow it out and jump it so no worries there and everything is good now. I called NT and they are allowing me to return it and are even sending me a shipping label. Great customer service and still one of my favorite online "DIY" stores. Their magazines make excellent reading material too.
laugh.gif

Anyways I doubt it could have been my battery because it is a little less than a year old. I just had my alternator tested as well. Very good pump otherwise and I'm sure it is ideal for passenger cars/ boats with dual batteries.

How long did it have to run to get all the fluid out? Any chance you measured the battery voltage?

60W doesn't really seem like that much. A Group 34 battery should have on the order of 100 minutes of reserve capacity, and according to wikipedia, reserve capacity is rated at 25A draw down to 10.5V, or about 500Wh (assuming 12V constant).

One hour of pumping should only use about 60Wh, leaving 88% of capacity, which I would think should be plenty to start the car.

Just curious.

I would agree with Memphis, it probably wouldn't hurt to get it checked out again, worst case, battery is dead and presumably still under a full replacement warranty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back