Walmarts not carrying Mobile 1 0W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are three walmarts within a reasonable drive for me and non of them carry 0w-40. I have Amazon prime and they sell 6 quarts for $49. Is that my best option. Has anyone had luck getting their walmart to carry a specific oil? Do any of the auto parts stores come close to walmarts pricing?

thanks

The "oil change specials" (5 quarts plus filter) at AZ, AAP, OReilly's, Pep Boys, etc are often as good if not slightly better than Walmart's pricing.

I asked a WM store one time if they can get an oil that they don`t have which other WM`s do have,and they said no,if they don`t have a sku # for it. WM here got rid of Edge 10W40 (which they had a ton of) and substituted it for Edge 0W40.

You guys are great walmart had a ship to store with no shipping charges.

They also carried some of the new penzoi lUltra.

Originally Posted By: regal55
You guys are great walmart had a ship to store with no shipping charges.

They also carried some of the new penzoi lUltra.

+1 or order two jugs and will be shipped to your doorstep for free...

I'm surprised that your local Walmart has M1 0w40, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have Castrol Black Edge 0w40.

Anyway, much like other posters, I recommend waiting for Advance Auto or Autozone "Buy 5 quarts get a filter" sale. I have used that several times during the life of my Mitsu, and a few times for cars that belong to my friends and family.

Originally Posted By: regal55
There are three walmarts within a reasonable drive for me and non of them carry 0w-40. I have Amazon prime and they sell 6 quarts for $49. Is that my best option. Has anyone had luck getting their walmart to carry a specific oil? Do any of the auto parts stores come close to walmarts pricing?

thanks

The local Walmart still carries it. You may want to try your local NAPA. Sometimes they have a sale on their quart bottles that add up to about the same as the Walmart jug. Just check every month until their Mobil oils are on special.

Some of the stuff on WM's site says "available in stores only",so therefore you can't order it through their site-to-store. Edge 10W40 was like that. It was just a hit or miss if you walked into a WM and they had it on their shelves.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Some of the stuff on WM's site says "available in stores only",so therefore you can't order it through their site-to-store. Edge 10W40 was like that. It was just a hit or miss if you walked into a WM and they had it on their shelves.

Mobil 1 0W 40 appears to be available. It states "Free store pickup as soon as today with site to store"

What I have found locally (Bucks/Montgomery counties, Pa.), is that ONLY the very largest, 24 hour, 'Super Store' Sino Marts will carry the M1 0W-40, either in quarts, or the absolute bargain 5 qt. jugs.

The smaller, or non-24 hour stores will not even have a space/tag on the shelf for this fine product.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back