Walmart SuperTech Synthetic spec sheet info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I wasn't very clear that i have had no sludge issues at all using Mobil1, PU or Amsoil. I tried the ST sythetic and noticed sludge inside the crankcase on visual inspection. I do run extended intervals usually over 10,000 miles and decided to try the ST just to try it. I have never had this with the other 3 brands that I typically use. I know it is not very scientific and just 1 observation but it was enough for me to steer away from it. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this as well.

Comparing specs to MAG 1, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of difference.
21.gif

MAG 1 5W-30

I have never used Mag1 so cannot compare and I was just sharing my experience with ST. Hope it works great for others it's just not for me.

Originally Posted By: David1
Not sure if this info is here.. I have it in PDF Form. Also WPP Told me. I sent WPP a email and asked them what were the spec in Walmart Super Tech Syn and if it was the same as MAG1 or Quaker State and this what they said and sent me.
smile.gif

Hello Dave1,

I have attached our specification sheet for the Super Tech 5W-30 Full Synthetic oil. We do manufacture the bottles and oil for the Super Tech brand, but this is location dependent (other companies fill orders for Walmart as well). Products made by us will have a stamp on the bottom with “WPP” on it. The fluid is not the same formula as our Mag 1 Synthetic, but it is high quality oil that is thoroughly tested to meet the specifications claimed on the label.

Thank you for your question.

-Charles

Not sure if this info is here on this site, I figured many might want to read it.
I have it in PDF form but didnt know how to upload to site.
Hope this is good enough

1s1a2v.jpg

35k8k61.jpg

28qvjtv.jpg

whzbzl.jpg

This is a great post, thank you. Super Tech synthetic is definitely a quality product.

Originally Posted By: spk2000
Guess I wasn't very clear that i have had no sludge issues at all using Mobil1, PU or Amsoil. I tried the ST sythetic and noticed sludge inside the crankcase on visual inspection. I do run extended intervals usually over 10,000 miles and decided to try the ST just to try it. I have never had this with the other 3 brands that I typically use. I know it is not very scientific and just 1 observation but it was enough for me to steer away from it. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this as well.

That just means that your engine was consuming it and it was going through the PCV system, for whatever reason.

spk2000, did you take notice of the bottom of the ST synthetic you used, and if it had WPP stamped on it? Because Walmart has different companies making their ST oil, depending on the area, perhaps you used the ST synthetic that wasn't made by WPP?

Originally Posted By: spk2000

Pretty cool. That's what I call a PDS. Then you have the Castrol and Pennzoil PDS's on the other hand with almost no info.

The oil is looking strong. I wish they had specified the moly as well.

With a pds like this, how important would the lack of Honda's HTO-06 or dexos1 be to turbo owners? Or is it not important at all? To my less discernable eyes, it appears to be a fine oil for a turbo/supercharged engine.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I went and got me 6 quarts today. $24.29 with tax included. I'll let y'all know how it does.
smile.gif

Holy smokes! Its like $17.xx here for a 5 qt jug! What does a jug of M1 or PP cost you over there?

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Holy smokes! Its like $17.xx here for a 5 qt jug! What does a jug of M1 or PP cost you over there?

$25.17 + 8.25% tax = $27.25 out the door

Family Farm and Home carries Mag-1 synthetic in my area and they regularly put it on sale for $3.99 a quart I believe. Maybe slightly less. I've used this oil in a couple of my cars and they ran fine on it. They have a lot of grades too from 0w20 up to 5w40 (and everything in between) Once I work through my stash of PU and Amsoil that I got on sale, I would use Mag-1 without hesitation.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: David1
Originally Posted By: CHARLIEBRONSON21
Their willingness to share that much info makes me respect them a bit more. I've got some ST lined up for an OC this summer and also seeing some good UOAs with it I don't feel bad about using it.

How do them specs compare to the Top Synthetic Oils???

Since XOM, SOPUS, BP and Ashland won't give us this level of detail across the board, we don't know.
No mention in this information of "superior basestocks" or "made from natural gas!" or "with XXX technology", just pure information.
Kudos to WPP and rasberries to the blenders of M1/MSS, PP/Ultra, Edge and Synpower.

I continue to be impressed with this oil. It has far exceeded my expectations. The engine smoothness is uncanny. I'm at the point now that if Walmart was to switch suppliers, I'd seriously consider mail ordering MAG1 oil from Warren.

I have a sample of the Warren made Meijer Syn 5w20 that i'm Currently Running in for a VOA(since i couldn't find one on here, or PQIA- They do have a Meijer Conv, but that was back in SM days).

will be interesting to see how close the 2 are.
(if i ever hear back from them... today is the 18th, mailed it on the 7th... black stone is only an hour drive from me...should i take 'em there in person in the future??)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: earlyre
I have a sample of the Warren made Meijer Syn 5w20 that i'm Currently Running in for a VOA(since i couldn't find one on here, or PQIA- They do have a Meijer Conv, but that was back in SM days).

will be interesting to see how close the 2 are.
(if i ever hear back from them... today is the 18th, mailed it on the 7th... black stone is only an hour drive from me...should i take 'em there in person in the future??)

Hopefully your sample got to Blackstone. In the past ( as recently as one year ago ) I've had samples that never made it to the lab. I now wait until I can get to the post office and send the sample in a package and pay for "priority" with tracking.

Blackstone tested my first nine samples the same day they received them and the tenth sample it took four days after receiving sample. It seems if they had your kit they'd have reported to you by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back