SUS Viscosity @ 210F 69.6 71.1

cSt Viscosity @ 100C 12.86 13.23

Flash point in F 450 415

Fuel %
Antifreeze % 0.0 0.0

Water % 0.0 0.0

Insolubles % TR 0.2

TBN 8.5

OLM light came on at about 8400 miles on the oil. It lied again.
grin.gif

Asked for the TBN but Blackstone apparently didn't run the test.

Not bad for a $11 and change per gallon oil that was on sale.

Going to change the fuel and oil filters, top off the oil, clean and re-oil the air filter, reset the OLM, and keep on driving.

ACDelco oil filter
Banks RamAir with K&N clone filter
Wix High Efficiency fuel filter.

Last edited:
Sadly, your engine is nearing the end of it's useful life. You can only expect perhaps 500k+ miles from it ...
grin2.gif

Seriously, the Dmax is about the easiest on oil of all the light-duty diesels ever made. Their UOAs are typically so boring they're not worth posting, and that's a good thing. Everything looks fine in your sample. I note that the insolbulbes is "TR"; I've not typically seen Blackstone state it that way, but I presume it to mean lower than .1 so it's very low. Your air filtration is doing well; leave it in place and don't touch it until the little meter says to do so!

That truck will rot before it stops running. Being an LB7, keep an eye out for fuel in the lube and just keep on truckin'!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Sadly, your engine is nearing the end of it's useful life. You can only expect perhaps 500k+ miles from it ...
grin2.gif

Your air filtration is doing well; leave it in place and don't touch it until the little meter says to do so!

That truck will rot before it stops running. Being an LB7, keep an eye out for fuel in the lube and just keep on truckin'!

Well dang thought I had bought a truck to last.
grin.gif

Was wondering what that meter on the airbox was for.

Yep will watch for leaking injectors.

Originally Posted By: audi_guy
grin2.gif

Your air filtration is doing well; leave it in place and don't touch it until the little meter says to do so!

grin.gif

With a K&N style filter on it, that airbox meter may never indicate a need for a filter change. I clean my K&N every year just to be sure.

Last edited:
grin2.gif

Seriously, the Dmax is about the easiest on oil of all the light-duty diesels ever made. Their UOAs are typically so boring they're not worth posting, and that's a good thing. Everything looks fine in your sample. I note that the insolbulbes is "TR"; I've not typically seen Blackstone state it that way, but I presume it to mean lower than .1 so it's very low. Your air filtration is doing well; leave it in place and don't touch it until the little meter says to do so!

unless you have a LMM with the darn 9th injector flooding everything :).

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Originally Posted By: audi_guy
grin2.gif

grin.gif

With a K&N style filter on it, that airbox meter may never indicate a need for a filter change. I clean my K&N every year just to be sure.

did someone post some stuff about k&n letting in more dirt that factory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back