35x12.50R15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for tires for Liz's big Blazer. Currentiy has 33's, going with 35's. Unfortunately, Treadwright no longer has either size, unless we swap wheels and run their 35x12.50R17's. (Considering it.) So...suggestions? Criteria...

Absolutely, positively nothing from Michelin!
Mild to moderate all-terrain that is capable in rain and snow. They will see mostly street use, some off-road.
US-made...or at least, not from China.

General Grabber AT2 from tirerack. $173/ea. Meet severe snow requirements. They are not very loud on pavement. I run them on my truck. They last forever. Very good offroad too. Great in the rain, and USA manufactured.

Yeah, considering those. But wow, $125 to ship four!
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: GutsyGecko
General Grabber AT2 from tirerack. $173/ea. Meet severe snow requirements. They are not very loud on pavement. I run them on my truck. They last forever. Very good offroad too. Great in the rain, and USA manufactured.

TR says that they're not rated for severe snow... ?

I love Mickey Thompson and run Claws on my trail Jeep. When the tires on my truck/tow rig are done, I will probably get some Baja ATZ P3's.
I have had BFG All Terrains on previous trucks as well and they are a great tire in our location.

I'm not sure where you are in New England, but my shop will match Tire Rack pricing. We install and you don't have to pay shipping. We're located in Western Mass.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Local shop has the Falken Wildpeak...anyone heard of those?

The reviews I have read were very positive.

A good friend ran Nitto Terra Grapplers on our last trip to Moab. They were outstanding on the slickrock and were very comfortable on the drive out (yeah, he drove his Jeep out there!).

Originally Posted By: Zaedock
I love Mickey Thompson and run Claws on my trail Jeep. When the tires on my truck/tow rig are done, I will probably get some Baja ATZ P3's.
I have had BFG All Terrains on previous trucks as well and they are a great tire in our location.

I'm not sure where you are in New England, but my shop will match Tire Rack pricing. We install and you don't have to pay shipping. We're located in Western Mass.

Nowhere near western MA, unfortunately.

What is the tread depth when new? (Honestly, it looks like an hour with a siping tool would make them perfectly fine until completely worn out.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back