Anyone own or use AutoEnginuity scan tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Trav
The TPMS is on Nissan and Infiniti models, it seems they would have to do a separate cable with a trigger and they have no plans to do so.

So, Trav, are you saying that one can reset the TPMS with it or not? Also, does the thing have to be hooked up to a computer all the time, or can one take it to a computer and download data and use the thing as a standalone device?

Quote:
are you saying that one can reset the TPMS with it or not?

TPMS can be reset and programmed, i.d, etc on some makes. Infiniti/Nissan isnt one of them.
In fact this tool is almost useless on the M35X, the software is buggy as heck (they are aware of the issue). In enhanced powertrain all the values are 0 in some sections in general powertrain they fuction.

Quote:
does the thing have to be hooked up to a computer all the time

It needs to be connected with either USB or bluetooth connection to record data. It can be logged and saved to a file that can be viewed later.

On GM, Ford, Honda, Toyota, Chrysler, Hyundai, BMW this thing works good to phenomenal but on some other foreign stuff it ranges from a little problematic to downright terrible.
Hopefully future software releases will cure the ills.

Thanks for the info, Trav. There is a fairly simple workaround for the TPMS anyhow. It would be interesting, though, to have some of the temperature and pressure data that a standard OBD-II scanner cannot obtain.

The Nissan Connect system is ridiculously expensive.
wink.gif

Quote:
There is a fairly simple workaround for the TPMS anyhow. It would be interesting, though, to have some of the temperature and pressure data that a standard OBD-II scanner cannot obtain.

I cant get any of the workarounds i found online to register these new TPMS units, the local tire dealer couldn't get them registered either.
What work around do you mean?

On many makes it can provide temp and pressure data as well as register new TPMS units with no problem.

The POS is off the road anyway until i can get a sticker but first i have to find the root cause of the P02a03 code.
I just don't have the time or pleasure to be bothered with this heap any more.

Thanks for that Garak i did the paper clip thing but i didn't know about the pressure settings, i will try that when i get this thing fixed.

No problem, Trav. From what I've read, having that pressure differential between the various tires is crucial. If you want a different link, I can hook you up with the Nissan Connect system. I think it runs over $10,000 though.
wink.gif
Yeah, I didn't think so.

I found a couple of loose spark plugs causing the click clack in our M3. Had to replace 2 of the boots.

There is a light click the the injectors are making.

This head is incredibly expensive to service.

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would add some feedback for anyone who comes across it in a google search. I've been using AE for a couple of years now to run a small business repairing Ford powerstroke diesels in the superduty trucks.

While the AE kit works pretty good (it isn't perfect tho), their service is an absolute profit killer for a guy like me who works on "off-hours"... I've been burned by their security codes more than once now where they "forgot" to give me the proper security codes and I get screwed out of a whole weekend of booked work, meaning a lot of lost profit for me and a black mark on my reputation for being reliable. They will answer the phone very quickly and try to help you out on a 9-5 sorta schedule, but with time zone differences of 3 hours, and a lot of weekend work for me... this just doesn't work and it has been very costly.

For me, I am ready to go spend a few thousand for the full Ford IDS tool rather than continue messing around with AE... it's just not worth the savings if you are trying to run a professional shop.

That's my two cents... your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back