Mothers day Breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mothers day Breakfast for my wife.

I cured some wild caught Atlantic Salmon for 4 days to make "GravLax" or "Lox" as it is called in NYC.

Served it on Crisps with Philly cream cheese and chopped red onions.

24pxo92.jpg

Beautiful, but is it really true wild Atlantic Salmon? Thought that was pretty rare other than in the Gulf of Maine. Thought all the Atlantic salmon these days was farmed? May be another fish they fed pink algae.

Looks good and tasty all the same, very nice!

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Beautiful, but is it really true wild Atlantic Salmon? Thought that was pretty rare other than in the Gulf of Maine. Thought all the Atlantic salmon these days was farmed? May be another fish they fed pink algae.

Looks good and tasty all the same, very nice!

I think My Fish Monger is pretty much on top of his game and trust worthy.

Also I do have some experience myself and this salmon certainly does not taste, Smell or have the added color injections that farmed fish does.

But of course, Nothing in life is guaranteed.....

Aww! Leave it to BITOGers to attempt to be killjoys.

I guess I don't expend too much energy worrying about whether or not my salmon is farm raised or wild caught. I do sometimes look at country of origin, but for the most part I am just appreciating the effort and thoughtfulness that went into this breakfast. If someone served it to me for my birthday, or Fathers' Day, I would simply say, "Thank you very much."

No killjoy. Most any Atlantic salmon is farmed, but there is such a thing as true, Atlantic salmon. Problem is the term has become code for farmed and colored stuff.

So if this guy is in PA and can access this stuff from a source, I may try to learn more. Salmon, smoked over wood and charcoal is one of my favorite foods...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back