New Tires got Slashed. Pretty Angry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headed up to my parents last night with the Cherokee. Got a call this morning that all of the cars in the parking lot had two tires slashed.

Some hoodrat, low life, waste of life decided to slash 2 tires on every car. Very angry.

Meanwhile, the local police department were pulling people over for going .000003MPH over the speed limit.

Sidewall slash. Got a whopping 500 miles out of my brand new tires.

That's the last time I buy nice tires again. My options are have my two bad snow tires mounted and use them in the rear or get cheap chinese knockoff tires. I REFUSE to get good tires again as they are just going to be slashed again. May even just get something on craigslist.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

What parking lot?

Slashed tires is a pretty rare occurrence. I wouldn't let it deter me from driving on nice tires. "nice" tires doesn't have to mean expensive.

Don't understand how " don't bite the hand that feeds you" applies.

The old snow tires have bad belts and shake pretty bad above 55. Very disrespectful.

I'll likely be setting up a camera pointed to the parking lot.

Unfortunately, the local yokels don't seem to come when people call 911 in my neighborhood.

The parking lot where I live. I am demanding that I be able to end my lease and move. This is getting out of hand. Cars are constantly getting broken into, tires getting slashed, there's been homicides where I live.

I wish I could take matters into my own hands.

Buy a house, don't live in an apartment complex.

Too much low class trash in apartment complexes (in any city).

What does your wife say about the incident ?

I understand your anger but how will you feel after getting sued because your wasted winter tires blew out on a hot summer day and you cream somebody? How about being stranded on the side of the road at the start of your well earned vacation because of junk tires?

You buy good tires for the safety of you, your family, and the people you share the road with. Buy two new tires and be done with it. Your anger will go away and the person that did it will get theirs eventually.

can you elaborate on how "don't bite the hand that feeds you" applies?

That kind of random crime can happen anywhere.

where I used to live was very tame.. but some MIDDLE SCHOOL punks decided to go spraypaint all the cars within a 4 block radius of me (luckily I was in off street parking)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette

Not in my city nor in Newport Beach, where monthly rent of 2 bedroom and 1 carport can be as high as more than $2,000, for 3 bedroom 2 bath and 2 carports the rent goes up to near $3,000. Low lifers can't afford to pay $2,000 or more a month.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Headed up to my parents last night with the Cherokee. Got a call this morning that all of the cars in the parking lot had two tires slashed.

Some hoodrat, low life, waste of life decided to slash 2 tires on every car. Very angry.

Meanwhile, the local police department were pulling people over for going .000003MPH over the speed limit.

Sidewall slash. Got a whopping 500 miles out of my brand new tires.

That's the last time I buy nice tires again. My options are have my two bad snow tires mounted and use them in the rear or get cheap chinese knockoff tires. I REFUSE to get good tires again as they are just going to be slashed again. May even just get something on craigslist.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

While that certainly sucks, I have to wonder how you've reached the conclusion that this will just happen again. Has this ever happened to you before?? Seems pretty random to me.

BTW, while it may not help you out now, a zero deductible on comprehensive adds about $10.00 a year to my insurance policy--and generally comprehensive claims don't raise your insurance rates. That makes something like this a zero out-of-pocket deal. Just something to consider for the future.

If I had the money, I would already have a house. Unfortunately, paying student loans and taxes I can't afford, within reason, a house.

I'm single. That's evident by the stack of driveshafts in the bathroom.

Originally Posted By: Rand
can you elaborate on how "don't bite the hand that feeds you" applies?

I pay taxes which pay the welfare for the hoodrats in the city.

Originally Posted By: Miller88

I'm single. That's evident by the stack of driveshafts in the bathroom.

I laughed at the thought, for some reason I can picture this! I presume they are Jeep driveshafts.

Sorry for the loss.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
I think you might want to pursue used tires local then.

+1 +++++++ Nothing wrong with good quality used tires. Especially those that wind up on wrecked vehicles. Just find a reputable used tire dealer, and place an order, for some quality wheels.

I feel you, it sucks I know.
.......people ain't got no class
I just lost an alloy and a 9 month 9k old Primacy MXV4 to the [censored] potholes here on [censored] Staten Island

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

Not in my city nor in Newport Beach, where monthly rent of 2 bedroom and 1 carport can be as high as more than $2,000, for 3 bedroom 2 bath and 2 carports the rent goes up to near $3,000. Low lifers can't afford to pay $2,000 or more a month.

Sure, but the thing is that a random wave of out of area street punks can pass through any area.
By the time the local law shows up, if they even bother, with more serious crimes to work, the young vandals are long gone, leaving in their wake slashed tires, tagged cars and buildings and feelings of ill will among the residents.
Happens randomly everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back