Rotella 5W-40, 06' Cummins Dodge Ram 12,056 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOVE Rotella synthetic 5W-40! No matter how I punish this oil it keeps coming back with awesome OCIs. I've gone over two years on a change, Great UOA! 12k miles including some towing with a power programmer installed, great UOA again! I nearly doubled the miles of my last OCI and wear metals barely moved.

[censored] skippy! Rotella 5w40 is great stuff. Might want to get a TAN next time if you can.

Using a high mileage filter also I hope?

I agree, Rotella T6 5W-40 is one of the best value for diesel engine. The UOA result shows that you can easily extend OCI to 15-17k miles, with proper filters such as Fram Ultra or Bosch DP or Mobil 1 EP.

You'll find that a lot of folks 'round these parts are probably running Lubeguard, Baldwin, Donaldson, etc., for oil filters on this sort of application. I know that the deal for a Lubeguard Stratopore filter from the local regional Cummins dealer beats most everything else. And the quality of that filter is excellent.

Good read on this UOA, though. If it weren't for the real cold that the truck experiences around here in the wintertime, I would be tempted to change the oil in mine annually. Just not seeing enough miles. But the harsh winter probably dictates a bi-annual change-out...

John.

I use Donaldson Endurance filters (bought a case of 12 when I bought the truck), and Baldwin 2 micron fuel filters. I have an S&B oiled air filter and have been very happy with my silicon numbers too.

No EGR! I sought out a 5.9L because it doesn't have the DPF/EGR/DEF garbage. The '06/early '07 were the last of the non-emission 5.9L engines. The 6.7L which had all that were produced after Jan 1 '07.

Last edited:
Yes, using a Baldwin fuel filter as well. Slightly off topic, but what sort of fuel controller are you using? Have an '06 myself, is why I ask.

John.

Bullydog triple dog. S&B CAI and intake manifold, 4" Flowmaster Hushpower turbo-back. dyno'd at 414 RWHP on "extreme". I can touch 20mpg if I keep it 55mph roads unloaded too. 3.73 gears.

Good looking UOA on that 5.9l .
thumbsup2.gif

Cheers,
B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back