Pireli Cinterato P7 A/S PLUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 205-55-16.
I am ready to pull the plug on these tires for my daughters car as we did for my SIL/BIL.

RIGHT NOW!, the price is the cheapest from TD compared to TR & DTD and even less expensive than the RT43's as well.

My question is:
Does anyone here have these tire Cinterato P7 A/S +, in size 205-55-16.

I hear that this 205 tire size seems to run narrower(could be a Pirelli thing) than other tires in this size(as did my P4's 205-65-16). But, what a tire
laugh.gif

Estetics is important to us and we personaly like a wider/beefier looking tire but, due to all of the GREAT reviews, we will sacrifice function over form.

I have to also say that I have seen the P7's in other sizes and they look Great! Nice and Beefy! Including my SIL/BIL's tires in 225-60-16
smile.gif
It's my size that I am concerned with.

TIA,
CB

Last edited:
I have the P7s on my 03 Ford focus. They look nice. I bought them because they are a low rolling resistance tire, and returned excellent reviews. I just got them about a month ago, no complaints. Dry grip seems excellent. I say go for it!

You guys like this tire a lot? The only Pirelli tires I've owned (P6s on a '92 Cougar XR-7) wore out very quickly, but I did like them while they lasted (admittedly a long time ago). I am considering the P7s in 235/55-17 as replacement tires for a 2009 Cadillac DTS we are about to purchase from a family member as a 3rd car.

I have 6000 miles on a set of these (2002 Audi A4), really like them, good wet and dry, wear reports from TR seem good, very smooth and quiet tire, don't seem to wear fast like the P6 set I had years ago

Tempting price, I'm strongly considering these as well. I really hope the winter rating holds up on these.

OP - looking forward to your review if you pull the trigger.

I just took a look at them in 205-55-16 at the local distributorl and they're really Beefy!
Nice look to them. I getting them this week. Not getting them online as my guy will price match my best price. This is a first
smile.gif

205/60/16 since October on my Accord..nice tires..went thru the winter here in Milwaukee and northern WI. This set of tires required no additional air since they mounted them last fall, even the endless polar vortex didn't dent the pressure, that's a first for me.

I thought you were throwing them out until I read the whole post

I take it you meant pull the trigger, not pull the plug? lol

On topic: those are on the short list of good tires I would recommend.

These tires sure are aggressively priced for a "premium" tire. I wonder if they are trying to target the mid-grade tires with this price point.

I do not have much experience with Pirelli, but they are becoming more and more mainstream.

In your size I would be tempted to spend the extra $40/tire for the Premier A/S for the better wet traction performance overtime.

Originally Posted By: Rand

Yes, I misspoke! I did mean..."pull the trigger"
I have ordered them and will have them installed this week hopefully.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
These tires sure are aggressively priced for a "premium" tire. I wonder if they are trying to target the mid-grade tires with this price point.

I do not have much experience with Pirelli, but they are becoming more and more mainstream.

In your size I would be tempted to spend the extra $40/tire for the Premier A/S for the better wet traction performance overtime.

It was a consideration until I saw the price in this size.
smirk.gif

The Pirelli P7's just seemed too good to pass up for their price and customer reviews.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby

Yes, I misspoke! I did mean..."pull the trigger"
I have ordered them and will have them installed this week hopefully.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

It was a consideration until I saw the price in this size.
smirk.gif

The Pirelli P7's just seemed too good to pass up for their price and customer reviews.

205-55-16 are an expensive little tire if you want good tires! I've gotten larger tires(225-70's) in various rim sizes for ALOT LE$$...Alot les$$ for alot more rubber and some really good tires!

It's just the way it is
smirk.gif

Last edited:
expensive.. I have 225/55r17 and the premiers are 200$ a tire!!!!!! that's expensive.

I think the p7's will come back down to earth after we get some people posting up reviews with half or fully worn tires... but they are definitely a recommended tire in their price range.

And like all tire posts someone will chime in with "I had some (insert tire manufacturer here) they were junk...

This is useless. I could say that about every brand of tire including Michelin.

They all make good, average, and horrible tire models. Depending on your tire priorities. Grip, Wet grip, winter grip, Mpg, long life, noise, etc

Last edited:
Well, my shop now can't get the P7 at the price match price. So now, I am pulling the plug as I won't get them in time for this weekend to install on the car.

I'll wait for a DTD Sale!

expensive.. I have 225/55r17 and the premiers are 200$ a tire!!!!!! that's expensive.

They all make good, average, and horrible tire models. Depending on your tire priorities. Grip, Wet grip, winter grip, Mpg, long life, noise, etc

Yes....I'm lucky that Camry gets 215/55/17 a size is as standard as you can get...so a lot of price breaks all year 'round on very good tires...

I think the best deal is Tiresdirect on Ebay that occasionally gives $100 off for 4 new tires costing more than $400 in addition to any manufacturer rebate (typically $60-80) so $600 (@ $150/tire) less $160 makes $440 (plus usual mt/bal) a good deal for 4 high quality tires (c.$40/tire more than "dog-brands")

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back