tests and case studies of archoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
For starters, they mis-apply the carbon mass balance procedure to running an engine at fast idle, under no load (well the differential of the exhaust stack, but that's the total load.

The mentioning of the nobel prize in chemistry has SFA to do with using organometallic compounds as a fuel catalyst, but two geezers who independently mapped out the structure of ferrocene, and worked out means of making it...but it makes it look/sound as though the nobel prize was for their snake oil.

And amazingly, it's BOTH a cetane improver and Octane enhancer.

As per the other thread, I've played with organometalic adds, thinking that the literature supplied demonstrated something...never once have I had positive effect (funny coloured sparkplugs not being either a positive or a negative).

OP in the other thread claimed instant results, while Archoil claim either thousands of hours, or miles are needed to "condition" the vehicle.

Thanks Shannow

I didn't even bother going to the link. Marketing fluff cleverly worded so the reader is left to interpret how they see fit.
How exactly is a fuel system "conditioned"?
It's either clean or it isn't right?
Or what am I missing?

Clevy, I've used this one as well...it's a better read, in that it tries to explain as opposed to baffle.

http://fpc1.com/sci_ferrocene.php

Interesting they claim that the studies show the octane enhancer part, but state that this is detrimental to diesels, and reduces fuel economy by the same mechanism...can't have both.

I can vouch for the red sparkplugs in another catalyst I used (Holt's Redkote, back in the early '90s)...interesting that the iron oxide produced by the combustion could be abrasive to valve guides... :doh: ...didn't think of that when I was running it.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
For starters, they mis-apply the carbon mass balance procedure to running an engine at fast idle, under no load (well the differential of the exhaust stack, but that's the total load.

The mentioning of the nobel prize in chemistry has SFA to do with using organometallic compounds as a fuel catalyst, but two geezers who independently mapped out the structure of ferrocene, and worked out means of making it...but it makes it look/sound as though the nobel prize was for their snake oil.

And amazingly, it's BOTH a cetane improver and Octane enhancer.

As per the other thread, I've played with organometalic adds, thinking that the literature supplied demonstrated something...never once have I had positive effect (funny coloured sparkplugs not being either a positive or a negative).

OP in the other thread claimed instant results, while Archoil claim either thousands of hours, or miles are needed to "condition" the vehicle.

The OP hasn't the slightest idea how a modern IC engine works though as witnessed by the ridiculous hand-on-the-manifold test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back