Peugeot 207 front brake pads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently changed the front brake pads in a Peugeot 207 and I couldn't find a good guide with all the information that is needed, so I will post here what I found in case someone else need this in the future.
6rmzpg.jpg

The car in question

Here is what you need:
17 mm socket
13 mm socket
8 mm spanner
T55 and T25 bits
Breaker bar
Ratchet
Torque wrench
Micrometer or a Vernier caliper
Gloves
Jack
Jack stands
Wheel chocks
Brake pads (part number 4254 89)
4uw36q.jpg

New brake pads
20p94d5.jpg

Some tools

You know the drill: Immobilize the car with wheel chocks, loosen the wheel nuts, raise and support the car with the jack stands. (I found that my jack stands were too tall for the car so I took the risk and did the job only with the floor jack, but don't follow my example and always use a jack stand, now it's time for me to search for another set of jack stands)
25s24hg.jpg

Wheel chocks

Remove the lower caliper bolt with the 13 mm socket and rotate the caliper upwards, remove the old pads and the metallic springs and put on the new ones, push back the caliper and reinstall it with the new bolt that comes with the kit.
2ut59u9.jpg

Back view
n0j9.jpg

Top view

Then do the same on the other side, if you are going to replace the discs you need to remove the caliper carrier with a T-55 bit and the disc retainer bolts with a T-25.

Don't forget to inspect the thickness of the discs and to torque everything to the correct spec.
Disc diameter 283 mm.
Disc thickness: new 26 mm, minimum 24 mm.
Maximum runout 0.05 mm.
Brake pad minimum thickness 2 mm.

Torque
Disc retainer (T-25) 10 Nm = 7.4 lbft
Bleed screw (8 mm) 12 Nm = 8.9 lbft
Brake caliper (13 mm) 30 Nm = 22.2 lbft
Caliper carrier (T-55) 105 Nm = 77.5 lbft
Wheel nuts (17 mm) 100 Nm = 74 lbft
2elrzg1.jpg

Driver side
xolhcx.jpg

Passenger side
s418ig.jpg

Old vs. new. I found a bit weird that the old pads were directional and had a smaller contact area, maybe is a cost reduction thing???

Intersting looking car! Nice color. The headlights really are long, over the front wheels! Peugeot has stayed out of the american market.

Last edited:
Maybe the smaller pads were a brake balance thing-- with their compound they wanted more braking power to go to the rear wheels.

I see Valucraft brake cleaner... do they have Autozones in Mexico?

And I agree, that's a cute car.

Thanks for the compliments about the car; with all the euro cars that are appearing in the USA, maybe in a while Peugeot could sell in there.

The difference in the brake pad shape still puzzles me, but I like better the theory of a different compound.

Autozone showed up about three years ago here in Mexico City, but they have been established in the northern region for much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back