restored lawn boy 2 cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

To my great delight, I found that just a thick layer of west Texas dust was hiding this underneath.

My daily driver is a F powered SNZ861 from the 80's. It's got exactly the features I want: self propelled, metal Walbro carb with choke and handlebar throttle control(no primer bulbs to crack), cast deck. It truly is a one pull starter. Why anyone who's the least bit mechanically inclined would spend money on a Walmart throw away low end mower is beyond me. The same money would get you a used LB that's something you could hand down to your kids. You might have to work on it a bit to get it in top shape, but that's part of the fun of LB's.

I used the duraforce a good bit, put the new primer button , and the mulch plate. It really mulches well due to the power. I do wish it was self propelled as it is tough to push( i wonder if larger wheels would help). But for the trim work its fine, very pleased. It was a bit tough to start at first , till i found the spark plug gap was almost .060. After that it starts nice. I used it on some tall grass and even with the mulch plate it really did not bog down.

All of my LB's are self propelled except the Iron Horse and my 19" 71 bricktop, but I have not mowed with either. Will most likely try them before paint though.
Like you..I haven't found much that slows the duraforce down much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back