Are you able to buy ammo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Astro14
If there was no demand, then people wouldn't pay that mark up.

But there is demand, so they will pay 3 times the price. And folks will get up early to meet the WM delivery truck to buy the ammo to make a few $$ on that mark up. At 3 boxes per customer, they're not making much, but because the demand is there, they're making it.

Without the demand, without the willingness of someone else to pay that mark up, it all collapses.

How do you propose reducing demand?

I already answered that question...limit the amount a person can buy...

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: sw99
Check your Army Navy Surplus stores. I bought 9 cases of Federal .22 for $199 a case.

How many are in a case?

Check your Army Navy Surplus stores. I bought 9 cases of Federal .22 for $199 a case.

How many are in a case?

Good deal! I've been buying the buckets of 1400 for $69.00

How many are in a case?

So you bought 45000 rounds of .22 ammo? Nuts!

How many are in a case?

Good deal! I've been buying the buckets of 1400 for $69.00

Would the be the Remington Goldens? That's not a bad price...I may see if I can pick up one...

Originally Posted By: grampi

Would the be the Remington Goldens? That's not a bad price...I may see if I can pick up one...

Yes, those are them. They shoot reasonably well in my Savage MKII FSS.

Yes sir. We have several .22's here at the house and kids love to shoot. I was afraid that prices would not be that low again so I bought all they had.

I just called our local ****'s and they said they haven't had any of the bucket of bullets in for over 5 months...

I just called our local ****'s and they said they haven't had any of the bucket of bullets in for over 5 months...

WOW!!! As I noted, we are flush with them up here
21.gif

They also got in skids of 1,000 round boxes of Federal .308.

Yes sir. We have several .22's here at the house and kids love to shoot. I was afraid that prices would not be that low again so I bought all they had.

Illustrating my point exactly.

I will become a .22 ammo hoarder when the bubble bursts on this ammo buying and all of these people who bought tens of thousands of rounds with the intent of selling it at inflated prices are forced to sell it at rock bottom prices...except I will be buying it with the intent of shooting it all!

On the gun forums there are many who are lamenting the shortage of gun powder, which is a fairly recent development.

I guess it took a rocket science professor to realize this might be coming especially with the long lasting shortage of .22's.

I will become a .22 ammo hoarder when the bubble bursts on this ammo buying and all of these people who bought tens of thousands of rounds with the intent of selling it at inflated prices are forced to sell it at rock bottom prices...except I will be buying it with the intent of shooting it all!

I hope you see the hypocrisy in that and understand if you had it your way, the government wouldn't allow it.........

Originally Posted By: whip

I hope you see the hypocrisy in that and understand if you had it your way, the government wouldn't allow it.........

I see it, but since my suggestion will likely never happen...

I have not seen any 22 ammo in any store in this area in several months. When I ask it is the same story. Either it is gone within a few hours of them putting it out. Or they have not been able to get any.

Originally Posted By: LC
I have not seen any 22 ammo in any store in this area in several months. When I ask it is the same story. Either it is gone within a few hours of them putting it out. Or they have not been able to get any.

For some reason the Midwest seems to be the hardest hit with the .22 shortage...I haven't been able to find in MI, IN, OH, or IL either...

i purchased 1,200 rounds of .22LR from our local vendor last week. Its starting to show back up in our area.

And im shooting some through the Colt AR .22LR i just got done modding... let me tell you, thats alot of fun with a 30 rnd mag

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back