use collinite 845 for the first time... love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to give Collinite 845 a try after reading about it in this forum. I clayed my ATS with a Mother's kit a couple of weekends ago and then applied Collinite 845 yesterday using a P21S foam applicator. I love it!

While some reviews complained that the P21S applicator is too small, I found it to be the perfect size and very easy to hold. And I really liked how the Collinite went on. It didn't dry and result in the white, powdery mess when buffing it off like the typical waxes I have used in the past.

My car looks great and if Collinite is as durable as everyone says, it's my new favorite.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
no pics?

I'll get one up later today. (I still have to do the front and rear bumpers and the roof.)

I just wish that there was a local 'brick and mortar' store where I could run in an buy this excellent product, instead of having to Auto Geek, or amazon it, and pay stupid shipping/handling charges (unless I buy $150.00+ worth of product
frown.gif
), which end up being MORE than the local tax in almost all cases.
mad.gif

I'd have a hard time straying from 845 as what I'll apply when I try to do a proper detail. I don't always have time to do the cars as regularly as I want, and 845 has shown impressive longevity.

I could swear I've seen reports of 845 in AutoZone, Advance and Carquest locations, but it seems to be very random. I think Harbor Freight used to have it too, but I don't remember seeing it at mine. Just a couple Meguiars products for their polisher.

Last edited:
Very nice. Silver is a very hard color to truly photograph well even with a dedicated DSLR and a lot of detail photography experience. It still a difficult thing to truly capture how silver shimmers specially since when you see it you really need to move around to experience how much the metallic pops. Something a camera will never get and a video, even 1080P HD, simply can't render.

Very satisfied with the pastewax version, Collinite 476. I think I got mine off e-bay without too much of a shipping and handling ding. Sailed through the winter and weekly washes no problem. Its at almost the six month mark.

It and the paste Collinite 476 are great waxes. If you ever feel like experimenting with another fine wax, look at Finish Kare's Hi Temp wax. Its great stuff too and is very durable in higher heat situations where natural waxes fail more quickly.

Collinite 925 is the identical wax to 845, but marketed to boat owners. Most marine stores carry it on the shelf.

Originally Posted By: Cadenza
Collinite 925 is the identical wax to 845, but marketed to boat owners. Most marine stores carry it on the shelf.

Around here the Marine stores get about $10 more for a bottle of it though.

I also used it on my Jeep a few weeks ago -- for my Spring cleaning. It turned out very nice. If only they could make it smell good! I picked up my bottle quite a few years ago -- when HF used to carry it. It still looks/works fine.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ctrcbob
Originally Posted By: ctrcbob
This was is more commonly called "Insulator Wax".

Great stuff.

The above should have read;

This WAX is more commonly called "Insulator Wax".

ALL detailer forums refer to it as #845. Never once in the last ten years have I seen it referred to as Insulator wax other than by newbies. Collinite #845 is the common term used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back