Ugh. hideously *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subaru has also made good on their promise of making the Legacy uglier with each model year change. The new 2015 Legacy looks like it was built by a very sleepy Camry team.

Oh what a nice car it was about 3 generations back.

Looks rather dated to me. Nothing really eye catching.
If I was going to pay that kind of money....I'd get something much more attractive and would make my heart beat faster from just looking at it.

but those dont have 10kilos of bling bling!!
ugh

I can only imagine the interior on a bright day..
(I have very sensitive eyes to bright lights)

I'm looking for the convergence of product lines, but see none.

Seems like an unnatural and fabricated object for the pretentious.

Silver, not durable.

Last edited:
Just another way to fleece rich people of their money by giving them something that says "exclusive" but gives them no real value. Reminds me of when I worked in a country club in high school and saw all these people who dearly wanted to feel that they were getting something special.

Originally Posted By: Burt
Just another way to fleece rich people of their money by giving them something that says "exclusive" but gives them no real value. Reminds me of when I worked in a country club in high school and saw all these people who dearly wanted to feel that they were getting something special.

To be fair....we all want to feel we have something special for our money, no?
Many who have achieved wealth through hard work and applying themselves with diligence/effort often want and expect value. I'm not sure sure that many of those types of wealthy folks would want this car.

How much more does this package tack on to the price of the car?

Currently 1Kilo of scrap .925 Sterling silver goes for $585.27(USD), so there's $5,852.70(USD) worth of Silver in the car.

Originally Posted By: mcrn
why would you like a highly reflective material on the interior?

...presumably for the same reason some people like stacks of paper or glossy detailing product on the dashboard. The driver doesn't much care about crashing.

Meh its probably for a Russian. For what it costs you could have gotten a custom Mercedes or a RR or Bentley. The 7 series isn't exactly class leading.

All that silver and you still have to suffer that cheap plastic shifter stalk, and your still in a 7 series which everyone owns.

At least its the V12 version.

Last edited:
That's stupid. Silver? Really? My $1,700 Camry does the exact same thing as this thing.

It gets me from point A to point B.

Quite a nice car. There are folks who it may appeal to and the cost is indifferent. Sales of 7 series are quite limited and beyond that this is small subset of them.

The main issue with me is a car is still a disposable item after 10-20 years, I personally cannot see spending more than $20k-$30k on a new vehicle.

Originally Posted By: yonyon
Originally Posted By: mcrn
why would you like a highly reflective material on the interior?

...presumably for the same reason some people like stacks of paper or glossy detailing product on the dashboard. The driver doesn't much care about crashing.

LOL I guess not! I like as non reflective as possible but hey.....I never had the option to have the most reflective material all over my dash!

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
That's stupid. Silver? Really? My $1,700 Camry does the exact same thing as this thing.

It gets me from point A to point B.

I agree about the silver...

The rest? not so much; otherwise there would only be Camrys in this world, and what a sleepy world THAT would be.

And don't think I am some expensive/premium car fan etc.
We own a 2003 Elantra with 211k miles; We own a 2014 Mazda6, and also own a 2005 BMW 3-series coupe.
Believe me, while I respect and like all 3 there ARE differences between those 3 cars, and some of them are not subtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back