my experience with Virgin Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I pay for a cell phone for my parents to use. So I just bought them an HTC desire. Well about a month of owning the phone it stopped working. It would not power on. My dad contacted HTC and they sent him a new battery and said they had to do that before they can work on the phone. Well battery arrived and charged over night.....it worked for a few minutes and the next morning was dead again. So HTC wants the battery first before they can work on phone....they cant have 2 tickets open at the same time. So I call Virgin....this is where it gets really stupid. For them to access my account they need the pin number....well I do not remember the pin....and the only way for them to send me the pin number is for them to text it to me!!! But the phone is dead!! They cant physically mail it to my address.....they cant text it to another phone....they cant email it to me!! The manager was very nice and totally understood me and wanted to help....he says this is not the first time this has happened.....there is no other option!! Even he could not see my pin because I told him if he read me off 5 different combos I could recognize the correct one....he said he only sees ****** he cant even access it without me giving it to him!!! So what do you do if you lose your phone and dont remember the pin?? So thankfully my mom still had the old phone and the text message that was sent via a text months ago before I purchased the new phone for them!! Wow.....I know its my fault for forgetting the pin and not keeping it from before but I never had any idea it was this difficult! Really a terrible system. But I wanted to make sure I would let people know before they had to waste several hours of their day to deal with stupid!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you had to jump through hoops.

We have a HTC Desire phone that has been great since day one. My family has also been using Virgin Mobile for yrs and find their price and service can't be beat.

Originally Posted By: cos
Sorry to hear you had to jump through hoops.

We have a HTC Desire phone that has been great since day one. My family has also been using Virgin Mobile for yrs and find their price and service can't be beat.

I agree....up until now the service has been good......but I never had a problem until now and that system is terrible.....the manager (Mike) was very nice and tried to be as helpful as he could but his hands were tied due to the stupid system.

Service was poor at best in central texas with VM.

I went to ATT, and that is marginal as well.

Also have a Tmobile account, that is not great either.

The king here seems to be verizon.

What is the make & model of your defective phone?
Also, don;t blame Virgin Mobile for you forgetting to bookmark-folder that PIN number.

I have the same Carrier and all of their Plans default non-smartphones are pretty ka-rap-py. I have the $20 pre-pay Plan and the Samsung Montage issued me is serviceable at-best. I cannot even download a new 2nd party ringer for it.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Verizon is the best here. its also 2x the price. i switched to metro pc to save money but i have terrible reception.

Verizon has a $45 per month unlimited prepaid deal. Only 500mb data though, and 3g network only.

I thought about it for a while.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
What is the make & model of your defective phone?
Also, don;t blame Virgin Mobile for you forgetting to bookmark-folder that PIN number.

I have the same Carrier and all of their Plans default non-smartphones are pretty ka-rap-py. I have the $20 pre-pay Plan and the Samsung Montage issued me is serviceable at-best. I cannot even download a new 2nd party ringer for it.

I did not blame them for that....hence why in my OP I stated I know its my fault for not saving the pin.

It is an HTC Desire which I also stated in my OP.

Last edited:
So Virgin now sent a refurbished phone with none of the needed numbers on the back to activate the phone! lol .....gets better and better.

Wow!

I do know this! The next (default) Virgin phone I get will have the option to download music tune phone ringers. You can fool me once, but not twice.

Wow, this sounds like needing your driver's license to get a replacement driver's license if you lose your wallet.
frown.gif

I've had virgin for years, but accidentally bumped myself out of an old, grandfathered-in prepaid plan to a slightly more expensive prepaid plan just by
28.gif
the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back