Shell FRN - no participating stations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't sure what forum to post this in. Apparently there are no participating stations in San Diego County. The closest participating location to San Diego appears to be in Mission Viejo, more than 70 miles from me. If I were driving up that way regularly, that would be OK, but I'm mostly driving around San Diego County these days. If they can't get any participating stations in my entire county, I'm not buying their stupid oil.

I wouldn't participate either ... I have no idea what FRN is.
21.gif

Fuel Rewards network, every shell around me does it so I use it. Saving a few pennies on gas, I dont usually buy any items as its all grossly overpriced.

I think many Shell stations didn't participate in the FRN because they pay for it, the discount is taken from their price not from Shell corporate.

It's pretty worthless to me also. All the local Shells have changed to 7Eleven/66 within the past few years. The closest one to me (about 10 mi) is really run down. Half the pumps don't work, you can't see the display to even enter your card, etc. I refuse to go there anymore. The next closest is about 17 mi. That kind of defeats the purpose of the reward if I have to drive 34 miles out of my way to fill gas. Shells around here also accept HyVee (grocery) fuel saver cards. Too bad the HyVee gas station doesn't accept Shell FRN. I have 45 cents/gal saved up, so I guess $9 may be worth the drive.

Last edited:
There are several Shell stations nearby where I live but none participate in the FRN. The closest FRN station is about 18-20 miles away. No way I will drive 1 hour to save $15-20.

You have plenty of time to use the rewards so there probably will be a time when you drive past a Shell, although it is unlikely to coincide with an empty tank.

$25 + tax for Ultra plus up to $20 in FRN discount should be a BITOG dream!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back