Corrosion X

Status
Not open for further replies.
I intended to buy this to waterproof an electronic item's circuit board from water damage. Can someone share their experience? How does this thing work? Its forms a protection layer after dried off or...? Thanks

P.S I am thinking to use plastic dip as well..

I use Corrosion X HD inside the fenders on my vehicles. Have not tried the normal variant though.

The HD stuff is a thick yellow viscous gel with the consistency and thickness of naval jelly. It has a very strong smell of lanolin, which I believe is the major component of the product.

Once sprayed, it creeps a good bit then settles in place after a minute. It's definitely persistent and does an excellent job blocking moisture.

Have you considered potting your item's circuit board instead? MG Chemicals has a thermally conductive compound that I've used on headlight ballasts.

I want to waterproof a radio control car electronic speed control (ESC). I guess Corrosion XHD is better.

Corrosion XHD is better. If I were you, I would also take a look at www.polytrondirect.com and find Polytron PL.

It is really amazing in protecting electronic equipment.
It is extremely good in lubricating, as well.

But, as you know, it has to be experienced, to believe it.

It cost 16USD.

I use both products.

Last edited:
I work for kenworth and I see this product in a lot of shops.Its a blue,green can.It really works good so the de-icer they use on the roads around here don't eat up the wiring of tail lights and generally all over.It looks like carmel and almost as thick.lol.I see all kinds of tricks.

I have both regular and HD. The regular is great for a coat that "soaks" into a circuit board of walkie talkie , lock, battery terminal etc. the regular leaves an oily coat that is very trustworthy in it's soak tendencies.

The HD could be more robust for a splash area. It is indeed like caramel almost. Great garage door lube, really good. The regular and HD are very different when sprayed. The HD is much more likely to collect dirt particles and could cause electronic heat retention. But that may not matter in the least depending upon where and why it is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back