napa gold for hyundai veloster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tossed the kn I had in there because I been reading nothing but bad on hear about it. So I decided to change to a napa gold. Its the rigid plastic lined white fuzzy type filter. Are these a good quality filter. I also was on rock auto today and noticed they sell ones by pronto. Hastings. fram extra guards.wix and mahle. All those filters are around 7 to 8 bucks except the mahle which was around 14 bucks. The napa gold I put in was I believe 15 bucks. Hopefully the napa golds a good one.

I think a Napa Gold is just a Wix.

I used to buy 15$ Napa Golds until I started to read this site.

Now I pay about 7$ for the same thing by buying a Wix at a jobber.

Last edited:
I'd like to add that I have heard that an OEM Hyundai filter is very good quality and apparently people get a startup tick or noise when they don't go OEM.

There is a lot of that info on this site, but I am not a Hyundai person, just thought I'd mention it...

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Originally Posted By: Falken
people get a startup tick or noise when they don't go OEM.

Startup tick from an air filter?

Sure he was referring to oil filter not air like the OP intended.

Sorry about that... I thought you were talking about oil filters!!

But my opinion of Wix air filters is they might not fit as well as OEM.

I bought one for my 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt and felt the OEM air filter was a closer fit if I recall.

I think a Napa Gold is just a Wix.

I get the less than $7 on the NAPA Gold , Helps having family that owns one
smile.gif

NAPA Canada is great, if you buy per their specials only. I can't remember the last time I've seen their filtration products on sale, though.

The Napa Gold should do just fine, if it were my car I would go with OEM/Fram. As for the oil filter, OEM only.

The napa gold air filter fit very snug so I was happy with it. As far as oil filters go ive used pur1. ultra. And kn and never heard any start up tick. Ps I used oem from Hyundai also so I based the tick noise off them. but this engine doesn't have tick with any of these so far.

Originally Posted By: waltywalt
The napa gold air filter fit very snug so I was happy with it. As far as oil filters go ive used pur1. ultra. And kn and never heard any start up tick. Ps I used oem from Hyundai also so I based the tick noise off them. but this engine doesn't have tick with any of these so far.
NAPA Golds can fit a little too snug sometimes. I have had varoius vehicles where I could not close (even while forcing) the air filter lid because the seal was just too thick. Each time they were returned and a Purolator was put in place instead....perfect fit every time.

Yeah pavelow it was kinda snug fitting. it dropped in the space great but closing the top housing I needed a lil bit of force.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: waltywalt
I would guess it sealed really well also.
If the airbox won't close properly, well, it's not filtering air properly. Engineering 101.

It closed but it did take a little force. The kn that I put in there before had a slightly thinner seal so I noticed the napa gold was alittle more snug that's all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back