*NEW PENNZOIL ULTRA SPOTTED! W/ PICS*. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
That's great, but your links aren't accessible.

Sorry. Try it now

Awesome =) If my Walmart starts to carry this in the 0w20 flavor I will have to snatch a jug up while they have it!

So if both PP and PUP are the same price and PUP is supposedly a higher end product, why would anyone buy PP?

Idk.

So if both PP and PUP are the same price and PUP is supposedly a higher end product, why would anyone buy PP?

This is probably a limited time deal, all synthetics are $25, it probably wont last long.

So PUP is 25% cleaner where as the old ultra stated 40% cleaner then the leading synthetic...does this confirm that old ultra is > ? Lol just a thought.

Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
So PUP is 25% cleaner where as the old ultra stated 40% cleaner then the leading synthetic...does this confirm that old ultra is > ? Lol just a thought.

Not sure what you mean. Old Ultra said up to 25% cleaner than M1 and up to 40% cleaner than Castrol Edge with Syntec, and the new Ultra (PUP) says exactly the same.

Not sure what you mean. Old Ultra said up to 25% cleaner than M1 and up to 40% cleaner than Castrol Edge with Syntec, and the new Ultra (PUP) says exactly the same.

Funny..because the new PP says 40% cleaner and the PUP says 25%...duno why they would use Castrol as the comparison for PP and M1 as comparison to PUP...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Funny..because the new PP says 40% cleaner

AFAIK, PP says it's 40% cleaner than current industry standards, and not 40% cleaner than competitors. Apples to oranges.

I guess that's the response to the previous strategy of charging more money for a product that had fewer certifications and wasn't appropriately delineated as a higher end product, which was why no one bought PU.
wink.gif

If I want an expensive and hard-to-find non-dexos1 5w-30, should I buy RP at $50 a jug, or PU at $74 a jug? That sums up the failure of PU (at least in Canada) in one sentence. You cannot charge 48% more than a boutique oil with the same specifications and hope to succeed.

I didn't read the whole thing rather whatever I saw on the picture quickly and I was just showing my PhD in splitting hair, I honestly don't care...
I'm beginning to think almost any Full Synthetics are good for 10k OCI on non-DI/non-turbo applications, thanks to BITOG, I use to change oil every 3k before...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back