PT cruiser battery replacement help ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
2001 pt cruiser... Got airbox off battery terms unhooked... battery not coming out... some type of tricky tie down deal?? cannot see anything... In driveway right now... thanks...

Pictures? I thought you had to go in thru the fender liner for those.

Should be just one block with a 1/2" bolt holding the battery in place. Is there a insulating "blanket" around the battery? If so, perhaps it's blocking your view of this bolt.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Should be just one block with a 1/2" bolt holding the battery in place. Is there a insulating "blanket" around the battery? If so, perhaps it's blocking your view of this bolt.

ditto what JC said

Gotta remove the entire air filter box to get to the battery hold-down. The filter box just pulls out (no bolts).

Pull out the air cleaner box. It's only held in by two press in type connectors. Once you get the hoses off just pull straight up. Then you can get at battery. There was a nice write up with pictures on a Mopar forum. I'll post it here if I find it. Did this on my old 2003 PT.

perfect explanation thanks... done... yanked the airbox out and found the bolt... battery replaced with new, air filter (pur classic), oil change, nextgen high mileage, pure one, done. Considering the rep for work on a PT cruiser, once you guys got me started, I was all set... Might try plugs in the future... calling it a day... getting Corona Light in a few...
THANKS FOR HELP!!!

Originally Posted By: Tuffy1760
perfect explanation thanks... done... yanked the airbox out and found the bolt... battery replaced with new, air filter (pur classic), oil change, nextgen high mileage, pure one, done. Considering the rep for work on a PT cruiser, once you guys got me started, I was all set... Might try plugs in the future... calling it a day... getting Corona Light in a few...
THANKS FOR HELP!!!

Corona light?!?! Isnt Corona light enough?

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Gotta remove the entire air filter box to get to the battery hold-down. The filter box just pulls out (no bolts).

thumbsup2.gif
yep.

THANKS FOR HELP!!!

If it's a turbo, you can do the plugs in a couple of minutes in between the intake runners. If it has a plastic intake? I haven't figured out a way to do it without removing the upper intake.

I've done the plugs on my '01 Cruiser a few times. It's not a bad job but does involve a bit of rigmarole. In short, a bunch of stuff has to be disconnected from the intake manifold. Then the intake manifold is unbolted and rotated up and held up with a bungee or some wire to the underside of the hood. Then you have access to the plugs, standard spark plug replacement from there on. After replacing the plugs, you lower the manifold, bolt it back in place and reconnect the items disconnected in the first step.

There's some guides on the Internet, I'd look them up.
You may want to replace the plug wires at the same time (I should have done that last time I did my plugs).
Pick a lazy day when you have some time and no pressure of something else that has to be done.

I thought you said you had the air box off in your first post????

2001 pt cruiser... Got airbox off battery terms unhooked... battery not coming out... some type of tricky tie down deal?? cannot see anything... In driveway right now... thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back