'13 Ford 6.7L Powerstroke T6 5W-40 -7,500 miles-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a recent UOA I just pulled from my '13 F350 6.7L

My plan is to extend out to 10k miles (OCI). Also noticed a decrease in sodium this OCI. Why does Schaeffer's use so much sodium in their oil? Stay with T6 or go back to Scheaffer's 5w40 ???

Comments/Input?

The T6 held up pretty well. I'd still be a little leary of fuel dilution with extended drains.

My guess would be that you did the EGR delete on your truck after the 30,000 mile oil sample. Since then, fuel dilution has been negligible, viscosity hasn't been breaking down, and the flash points are up. True?

Looks like you can extend the oil changes, whether you are running RT6 or Schaeffer's. Based on the data that's in the UOA history, I can't tell which is working better. RT6 is cheaper and more available than Schaeffer's, so convenience and economics wins in this case.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
My guess would be that you did the EGR delete on your truck after the 30,000 mile oil sample. Since then, fuel dilution has been negligible, viscosity hasn't been breaking down, and the flash points are up. True?

Looks like you can extend the oil changes, whether you are running RT6 or Schaeffer's. Based on the data that's in the UOA history, I can't tell which is working better. RT6 is cheaper and more available than Schaeffer's, so convenience and economics wins in this case.

Yes Sir. H&S MinniMax. EGR Delete, DPF Delete. No more Regen's and no more Fuel Dilution.

Originally Posted By: Balla

Yes Sir. H&S MinniMax. EGR Delete, DPF Delete. No more Regen's and no more Fuel Dilution.

Yeah, I've never been a fan of choking engines with their own waste.

What kind of fuel economy change did you see after the EGR and DPF deletes?

Originally Posted By: Balla

Yeah, I've never been a fan of choking engines with their own waste.

What kind of fuel economy change did you see after the EGR and DPF deletes?

I was avg. 12.1-13mpg (city) empty w/DPF & EGR. It started regening almost every time I drove the truck. That's when I had a spike in fuel dilution. The regens would start when I would be 5mims from my house. Never would regen on highway. Then it would restart the next time I drove to try to compete. It got extremely annoying and removed everything. I wish I had done it sooner!

Now: 14.1-14.5 mpg (city) empty. H&S Minnimax set on "Street" (100hp). I am very happy with mileage for a 8k lb truck and it drives and shifts great with the H&S tunes.

Last edited:
My truck was going into regen about every 200 miles when I first bought it 6 months ago. It now goes over 500 miles between regens. I've changed a few things, but my driving is exactly the same as has always been (secondary roads unloaded, never run for less than 30 minutes). I'm now running one of the old BITOG favorites (FP-60) at the recommended concentration along with Amsoil Cetane Boost at 1 oz per 7 gallons. Results look good.

radiation-joe-s-stuff-10433-picture56601-f250-oil-19000-1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back