What to run next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon me for being an excessive poster today. Its my day off. What can I say.
grin.gif

I have about 430 miles remaining on my 5000 mile OCI of PYB, which I plan on sending in for a UOA. I have PYB, Havoline dino, PP and QS Defy in my stash. What would you guys recommend using next?

I have thought about using PYB in case my UOA could use a good recap. Like it could be ran longer, fuel dilution, or needs to be ran shorter etc. I am also biting at the bit to give Defy a run. Just picked that up yesterday with some Menards rebates. Is it all a matter of opinion or can you guys recommend a good game plan?

Thanks.

Last edited:
For the Jeep? Flip a coin between PYB and Defy, both work wonderfully well in the 4.0. I still find the PYB a bit quieter than the Defy though it also runs quiet.

Like Jeepman said, the continued use of PYB may make it even better. I can't wait to get Pennzoil back in my Jeep and stick with it.

But if you've got that "itch" to try something new, pour in the Defy and sleep well at night.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
For the Jeep? Flip a coin between PYB and Defy, both work wonderfully well in the 4.0. I still find the PYB a bit quieter than the Defy though it also runs quiet.

Like Jeepman said, the continued use of PYB may make it even better. I can't wait to get Pennzoil back in my Jeep and stick with it.

But if you've got that "itch" to try something new, pour in the Defy and sleep well at night.
smile.gif

I was hoping you'd chime in. Lol.

I am trying to convince my dad to give Defy a run in his 4.0 Comanche as well. The RMS on that thing leaks pretty bad too.. I'm curious if the HM oil will cure it, but at 27 years old, I'm not sure if the seal can be conditioned anymore. Lol.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Flip a coin, they're all good.

+1 ............ and I like the idea of saving the synthetic for winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back