QSUD or Castrol Edge (5W-30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: wemay
Not sure I have, but 0w40 for sure.

I wish the manual allowed for that grade , M1 0W-40 is an excellent oil. I've seen many UOAs of turbo engines shearing 5W-30 to a 20 weight after just 4k miles.

In theory a 40 weight would last longer, as long as duel dilution isn't bad.

Originally Posted By: Swift101
Originally Posted By: wemay
Not sure I have, but 0w40 for sure.

I wish the manual allowed for that grade , M1 0W-40 is an excellent oil. I've seen many UOAs of turbo engines shearing 5W-30 to a 20 weight after just 4k miles.

In theory a 40 weight would last longer, as long as duel dilution isn't bad.

I agree with the 0w40 sentiment but am now of the opinion that it really doesnt matter what oil is used, dilution will occur with any of them. Based on this, I might also use a low saps blend like MSHM if MSS isnt available. At our low oci, we dont really the benefits of a syn, unless spanking great deals can be had. As long as my oil meets Hyundai requirements.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KCJeep
The only downside as I see it to MSS is that it's pretty much an auto parts store oil. So you need to watch for OCI specials to get it at reasonable pricing.

If it sat on the shelf at Wally's I'd suspect it would be extremely popular here, like QSUD is.

That is an excellent point!

I pick up QSUD at Menards on sale with a MIR for $2.99 per quart. I run it in my 2007 5.4 F-150 Screw. It currently has 150,000 miles on it with no complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back