Darn blizzard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's hit us.

1977016_10152118465398759_1196882528_n.jpg

10155453_10152118464948759_938934781_n.jpg

Keep in mind, this was yesterday :

1545739_10152116382043759_1166767195_n.jpg

75 degrees and sunny. Now we are at 10 degrees with -5 windchill. That's South Dakota for you. And here I thought the blizzard warning was an early April fools joke...

I'm looking out my window and still have 2-3 feet of snow in my yard. The snow banks are down a little due to the warming temps (35-50 degrees)but there is still a LOT of snow here. At this rate we'll be able to plan a snowmobile trip for the 4th of July. Sorry...those pics of what appears to be a dusting of snow on the ground are hardly a "blizzard" in my neck of the woods

Awful!
We had temps in the sixties today with sun.
OTOH, we don't live in SD.

Winter has been brutal all around this year, that I would call a dusting myself!! Got your oil changed and enjoyed some suds soo it was a win win day for you!!. Life rolls on!!
wink.gif

And our Government continues to pursue GLOBAL WARMING! Guess the Dakotas are not part of the global community.

Must be 10 foot high snow banks bordering my driveay right now. And it looks like another snow storm is hitting as I type this this. You have a light dusting of snow - trust me!

I know, I know... Nobody likes 'one-up-manship' but that "blizzard" bit is what baited me.

Hah!

John.

I was just reading some article that said they expect an El Nino this summer and might result in warmer than normal winter for the northern US next year.

Originally Posted By: datech
I was just reading some article that said they expect an El Nino this summer and might result in warmer than normal winter for the northern US next year.

We may have more than normal rain fall next winter. We had severe drought the last 2-3 years, this raining season we had less than 1.5"-2.0", the average was 12-13" a year.

We may have 1/8"-1/4" shower tomorrow and Wednesday.

Originally Posted By: Reg# 43897
that "blizzard" bit is what baited me.

Hah!

Well, according to the NWS, a Blizzard Warning is currently in effect, so...

I thought it was something of a warm winter. Maybe average temp was normal, but I didn't think we had that many sub-zero days. I don't keep track though.

I think I still have a good foot of snow in the yard. Lost a lot from the rain this weekend, and it has been warming up. I do have a huge pile of snow from the driveway; I'm tempted to get a tarp and cover it over, just to see how long into summer I can make it last. 'cept it would bother me to not mow the yard in that area.

Different part of the country. We had record breaking cold here in the midwest, but I was talking to people in Colorado that said it was a warm one, and I think the west was warmer than average in general, but also drier.

Hopefully it is almost over.

There were also tornadoes reported yesterday afternoon in Eastern SD and Southwest MN. There were counties that were under both a Blizzard Warning and a Tornado Warning at the same time.

Originally Posted By: datech

Good for all of you, but for me? No doubt Da Swamp will see a warmer than usual summer AND winter.

Translation: Nine months of steamy nasty summer, two of what civilized climates call spring, one of mild winter. Ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back