2012 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I'm surprised to see such different additive packages in two oils that are both called "Premium Blue".

And then the oil sample at 21718 miles was Delo?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Wow. I'm surprised to see such different additive packages in two oils that are both called "Premium Blue".

And then the oil sample at 21718 miles was Delo?

Yes that was the only one done with delo.

Not really sure what's driving your OCI decision, but you could get a lot more value out of the lube ... This fluid was changed way too early.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Not really sure what's driving your OCI decision, but you could get a lot more value out of the lube ... This fluid was changed way too early.

Yeah I should of just sampled and kept going. I didn't have much going on that day so I decided to change the oil and fuel filters. Having that valve now just makes it a lot nicer and easier to change the oil.

I purchased a new 2014 Ram 3500 HD with the Aisin tranny and couldn't decide what oil to use, so this thread has pointed me towards Valvoline as a good choice but first I want to see how Shell's Rotella will handle the Cummins block. It's easy to get an is always available at rollback prices from Wally World.

Thanks OP. I say you start extending your oil change intervals a bit further. You're definitely dumping it too early. My manual says to change every 15k miles!!!

Rotella is an excellent choice for the Cummins.

T3 15W-40 is perfect in sunny FL.

You should get 800,000 miles out of that engine/tranmission combination.

My 2013 manual says 15,000 miles, every 6 months, or when the light comes on.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Rotella is an excellent choice for the Cummins.

T3 15W-40 is perfect in sunny FL.

You should get 800,000 miles out of that engine/tranmission combination.

My 2013 manual says 15,000 miles, every 6 months, or when the light comes on.

800k with what type of driving? Mine will be used exclusively for work and will constantly be towing 10-25,000 pounds of... Whatever.

I hope to get a million outta the power unit before a serious rebuild is needed, so we'll see how she holds up.

Originally Posted By: Artem

I hope to get a million outta the power unit before a serious rebuild is needed, so we'll see how she holds up.

I'm with you.

Let's shoot for 1,000,000 miles.

Count me in on the million mile challenge
smile.gif
. It'll take me forever to get there though lol. Only avg about 30,000 miles a year.

I know of a guy with over 570,000 on a 2011. And still going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back