Getting frustrated at the fuel pump station !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something very strange happen every time that I fill up the gas.

The pump keep stopping like the tank is full, I have to fill very slowly for fill up the tank.

I can hear noise like there are bubble while filling up, I don't know why.

Sounds like the vent line is kinked or blocked.The vent line is a smaller diameter rubber hose/steel tube that parallels the main filler tube.

Some pump nozzles are overly sensitive and cut off when you pump fast. I get this every once on awhile, especially on my Can Am.

I've had a similar problem with my 06 Saturn Relay van. Only 1 costco station gives me a headache, no other gas station or other costco have given any issues. with this one particular costco, I have to hold the nozzle at the 2-3 o'clock position.

I used to pump gas back in the day, the culprit was the boot back then. but it works fine on my other cars and nobody else apparently has an issue either.

I don't get it.. but I know how to get around it!

I have had all kinds of cars do this intermittently. This usually happens to me when a gas station has less than perfect maintenance of their equipment.

Originally Posted By: Mephy

The pump keep stopping like the tank is full, I have to fill very slowly for fill up the tank.

Only at one station or any station?

What vehicle?

Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: Mephy

Only at one station or any station?

What vehicle?

I am saying that every car in my whole family has experienced this a few times.]

I am also saying that it can happen at any gas station, but it happens most often at ones where the pumps aren't inspected or serviced properly.

Some nissans (both of mine) had a problem with a 'shutter valve' that was supposed to prevent siphoning, but would sometimes get stuck and not allow you to fill more than a few gallons at a time. Same gurgling noise occurred.

Sorry for the delay, the car is Kia Spectra 2006 and I do the gas to Shell.

The problem is at every gas station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back