Honeywell oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's pics of said, new(er) Champ made Defense DL4967. The baseplate and blue button dome bypass show this

Somewhat amazingly, this discount store still had some older Honeywell named DL6607. Also as noted early on in this thread, these were value versions of an orange can. Have a black button Fram bypass, and non ecore. If these ever sell they should be replaced by the Champ version of the 6607 previously shown in this thread. Lousy pics from cell phone.

As regards the non ecore applications of the old Super Tech, now new Defense filter, also STP and Fram TLE they DO have a blue button bypass at the dome and a classic metal centertube as now cleary shown in dissection pic above. So in those cases your memory is serving you inaccurately.

The linked thread shows an Wally TLE Core 3614 which is NOT a >3" diameter Champ made ST/Defense filter which is what is now being discussed. So the link is irrelevant to discussion of the smaller Champ made filters.

And if you had read correctly the single black button reference was to the bypass on the old Honeywell which used the classic Fram nylon bypass button. As said again, they were value versions of an orange can.

As I and Sparks have now shown the small >3" diameter nere(er) Champ made Defense filters are non ecore.

For someone claiming to have no experience with Champ filters, and Super Tech, you seem to have no problem making inaccurate points about thier construction.

I only posted the link so that you could see the baseplate style now being used for the Defense e-cores (4967 being one of them). I have only referenced the construction of the Defense filters.

Last edited:
It's the same baseplate that was used on Super Tech/STP ecores for years, nothing new there. Nowhere did anyone dispute that 'some' were ecore. It was determined that the new Defense was now the old Champ Super Tech line early on in this thread.

I'll be looking forward to pics of the Champ made Defense DL4967 with ecore construction, especially considering I already posted it as a shown to be a non ecore along with all the rest of the

I am not disputing anything you are claiming. Possibly, here in Canada another company is making the Defense line of filters for us. The links you provided with the 3593A and ST 7317 are dated.

Last edited:
Possible, but unlikely especially considering you claim the DL4967 to be ecore, which is a Champs made design. Post up the pic of the DL4967 and we'll see it.

And you're not disputing anything I say but the Super Tech 4967/7317 link is dated?
lol.gif
But, the pics I posted of the Defense DL 4967 is dated too. It's dated today. Construction remains the same as the ST's posted.

Still waiting on your DL4967 ecore.

I do not recall claiming they were NOT Champs. They just ARE NOT as in the linked photo anymore, that's all.

Last edited:
That's because it was the previous version of the Defense filter made by Fram/Honeywell and now clearly superseded by the Champ made filter as Sparks and my pics prove. Another thing you must have missed along the way in this thread. try to keep up.

When you have your pics of the DL4967 ecore you claim post them up.

Thanks for the update. So Defense oil filters is another former Fram construction filter that has been converted to Champ and is basically the former Walmart Super Tech line of oil filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back