Boxster S Oil Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the oil change today using Mobil 1 0W40.

Did the Italian Tune up yesterday and the car is running perfectly. Very quiet at idle and not a single ping or anything else. Just the light purr of the engine.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and could not be happier!

A world class car deserves a world class oil (like Mobil's 0W-40).
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Sportscarguy99
I did the oil change today using Mobil 1 0W40.

Did the Italian Tune up yesterday and the car is running perfectly. Very quiet at idle and not a single ping or anything else. Just the light purr of the engine.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and could not be happier!

I followed your posts as well and learned about the Italian tune up, I already performed it in the Celica GT-S but my GT which after sitting for a week and 4 cold start ups to move it up & down the driveway. Each time the car shook vigorously and had a rough idle.

Performed an Italian tune, and the cold start up this morning was perfect and back to normal. Glad it worked out for the both of us.

Last edited:
My vehicles get the the ITU daily.
My brother has an 08 ram with a hemi. It threw a cel about a month ago. I read the codes and random misfire in cylinders 3 and 5.
So I seafoamed it,changed the oil and took it on a highway run in second gear taking it up from 40mph to 90mph.
First I saw they typical seafoam smoke show coming out the tailpipe then I noticed the dark black almost like soot blasting out.
Prior to that run at idle the engine shook,vibrating really badly. Once I pulled in to the site that truck just purred. I cleared the codes and none have returned.
When you baby an engine not enough air velocity is ripping through the cylinders and deposits accumulate. Driving it like its stolen helps get air pumping through,and the seafoam helps loosen and dissolve gunk cleaning everything out.

I have always been a believer in an italian tune up

Not really needed in my native Scotland!

But with urban and dual carraigeway cruising a good idea all round.

It was common to do one en route to the annual emissions and road worthyness check (MOT) with a turbo diesel.

The amount of [censored] that used to come out of my Mondeo was amazing!

The Clio always gets given a good bootful when i use it.

Probably even more important on turbo diesels due to soot.

But definately blows out the cobwebs and gets everything up to temperature

Originally Posted By: GSCJR
You posted this under the Diesel section. Mods need to move it then.

Mods are sleeping again.

Nominated for the Bitog "Rip Van Winkle" award.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back