It is to laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this on a Mazdaspeed forum - cut and paste job for y'all :

learn from this:

If you buy car new and start using synthetic from 0 miles....ur good as long as u stay synthetic

If you buy car new and start using regular from 0 miles....ur good as long as you stay regular

If you buy car used....its a hit or miss.

If you run regular for, idk, lets say 50k miles then decide to switch to synthetic, that's when you will have problems.

If you run synthetic for, idk, lets say 50k miles then decided to switch to regular, that's when you will have problems.

(And then there was this):

before every oil change seafoam your engine within 250 miles of changing your oil and use Rotella T6

end thread

I learned a lot there...All you bitogers that just run whatever is on sale, beware!

Originally Posted By: double vanos
....ur good as long as you stay regular

They are right about this: it is important to stay regular.

I text as much as the next guy, but I don't put much faith into a post on auto maintenance where the author couldn't take the time to spell out "you are" or "I don't know."

I think that post is the modern version of this
Quote:
If you walk under a ladder, you will have bad luck
If a black cat crosses your path you will have bad luck
To open an umbrella in the house is to bring bad luck
A bird that comes in your window brings bad luck
Crossing your fingers helps to avoid bad luck and helps a wish come true

Originally Posted By: wallyuwl

Perhaps I should add Citrucel to my oil change regime.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: wallyuwl

lol.gif

My Cherokee was run to 100K before it was switched to synthetic. Over the last 2 years, it seems I have done syn,conventional, syn, conventional.

Same with the Focus.

Guess neither of them will make 100K miles?

Doesn't really matter what you use, just that you change it when it needs to be changed. Might get some burning or leakage depending on formulation but it generally evens out after a few oil changes.

Speaking of which, wife's Impreza is due for an oc. 6k miles on Cam2 stash o_O ruh-oh.

Originally Posted By: Darwin1138
I think that post is the modern version of this
Quote:
. . . If a black cat crosses your path you will have bad luck

If that were true, I'd be dead now. My black cat crosses my path approximately 50 times a day!

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
The internet, where nonsense spreads its wings..lol

Clearly you've never sat at the counter at a service department, parts department, hardware store, gun shop, or bar.

There's plenty of nonsense floating around offline too.

lol mazdaspeed forum

I'm not surprised; no shortage of bozos there. The seafoam thing isn't a bad idea, though- keep those ports clean.

Last edited:
This reminds me of the idiot on an Abarth forum who claimed adding ATF to conventional oil made the mixture a synthetic oil...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back