what radiator choices exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAy for a maxima, totota camry or a 98 buick, are thay all the same, never hear about radiators or are they all "a chinese brand" and us brands left?

Last edited:
Pretty much all come from the same factory in China. CSF does make some in Indonesia. SPI makes some in Canada but not all. I have not sold a Made in USA Radiator in many years.

Eskimo,modine etc are gone forever.

Denso. Made in Indonesia for my Frontier. Surprised and relieved that in wasn't made in China. Dirt cheap ($107) from Amazon.

Koyorad or Koyo Radiator is what I have, and is highly regarded at Maxima.org.

It is a japanese company with factories in China. quality control is very good from what I here. Packaging is excellent and my radiator was top quality. I paid ~$110 shipped.

I have been running a Spectra Premium I got through Napa for a year now. My part number was made in Canada.

So far no issues at all. I have been very pleased with it.

A big plus was true drop in installation. No Mickey Mouse stuff to make it fit...it was a direct drop in fit with no adapters or anything needed...I don't remember there being any in the box either. Basically aside from the brand markings on the plastic tanks, it looked like the OE rad. You cannot tell just by looking at it installed in the truck that it is not OE.

OE was Visteon/Johnson Controls (had both brands on it). It cracked due to lingering stress damage from a wreck 3 years prior to failure.

Japanese cars usually take a Denso, Koyo, or Calsonic, and no matter where they were made, they would always develop a crack in the top end tank. Cheap radiators from parts stores don't correct that weakness.

I have far fewer experiences with replacement radiators in American cars. That is because their radiators are built better. Visteon would be best from what I have seen.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
,modine etc are gone forever.

I've still got a 10 year old American-made Modine radiator in my shop for an Aerostar that never got installed. They were somewhat expensive, but a very good radiator. I they now make coils for the HVAC world. That way they can charge $2K for a coil instead of $200. Go figure.

Last edited:
i've picked up 50-60 dollar radiators on ebay. at that price, i dont care if it dies in 4-5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back