Pennzoil Ultra - WALMART.COM old formula CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rw19
135i is great. Which motor do you have the n54 or the n55? The DI twin turbo could benefit from a oil like PU.

N55, I like the idea of low NOACK, but given my use profile, which is hardly any miles a year, I'll probably go low SAPS too to reduce deposits further.

Originally Posted By: Realtech214
I for one an OVER the hunting for PU. I love it so much; it's probably the best oil ever, but it too dam hard to find. Driving to walmarts 100 miles away for it is crazzy too, not saying that i havnt done it in the past. I will just use the one left over jug of SN 5w30 PU i still have, than its the switch to either PP or something else. PP is always in stock at every walmart.

Shell distributors may have PU, also Amazon has it. The price on Amazon is a little high.

SOPUS probably posted high NOACK numbers for the new PurePlus just to get BITOGers to clear the old products off the shelves. Once the old stuff is gone they will repost the new data sheets with the lower NOACK numbers.
laugh.gif
shocked.gif
smirk.gif
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: Lex94
SOPUS probably posted high NOACK numbers for the new PurePlus just to get BITOGers to clear the old products off the shelves. Once the old stuff is gone they will repost the new data sheets with the lower NOACK numbers.
laugh.gif
shocked.gif
smirk.gif
whistle.gif

Good to know that I am not the only one who thinks that!!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: dgsbikes
If one is into conspiracy theories:

Maybe the will "realize" the mistake on the new data sheet after all the old stock is cleared out and the data sheet will then be corrected to reflect the correct specs after the old stock has cleared out!!

But then it will also be a while before we will get $20 off a 5qt jug of the new ULTRA!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Just because the label is old doesn't automatically mean the oil inside the bottle is the old formula.

For sure. We know that SOPUS doesn't like wasting old labels!
wink.gif

FWIW Shell currently has no plans to use GTL in QSUD at this time, so that formula should remain as is, at least for awhile.

Originally Posted By: Bookmaker
FYI. There is still some Ultra 10w-30 and 5w-20 jugs on the shelf at the Walmart in Roanoke, VA on Challenger Ave. Between Walmart.com and that store I've snagged 10 jugs each oh 5w-30 and 5w-20. That should last a while for my VMax Silverado and my Hemi Challenger.

I just signed up for FRN. With the savings on fuel of $1.00/gallon of gas for each jug I purchased (up to 20 gallons per fill - which my Silverado will take easily), my net outlay for this oil stash is $5.17/jug plus tax. Incredible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back