bolt help needed, Caliper bolts for front brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going for a brake job project. Completely replacing the front brakes on my grand prix GTP.

I am upgrading to f-body brakes calipers, rotors and brembo pads. I got almost everything in the mail so far.

I am missing the bolts from the spindles to the brake brackets.

I need 2002 camaro brake bolts
Anyone have any help as to the thread pitch size grade bolt??
Where to purchase online???

35a9cid.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Join the grand prix forum all the info is there.I believe you have to retap what you have to 14mm but that's off the top of my head.You have 12 mm now and need 14mm they have some direct fit bolts but I don't know the part number.Before you had to use spacers.

Last edited:
I have done this upgrade a few times on my own cars. The OEM bolts for the original bracket are M14x2, the Camero uses M12x1.75.
Some of these kits want you to use a 14mm to 12mm bushings. Just drill and tap the F body bracket which is identical and has the same amount of meat as the W body for the original W body M14 bolts.

You will need a drill press, a good 12mm drill and a quality M14x2 tap. Easy job, torque the M14 bolts to IIRC 135lb (check that number).

Also look at 2" longer front lines, the OEM will work but they can be tight.

I should have said identical in measurement. If you look at the W and F body bracket you will see the identical mounting bosses with enough material on the F body to enlarge the holes without going thinner at the mounts than the original.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Usually those bolts are replacement items, no?

Yes and no. He is putting Camaro brakes on a Grand Prix.
The spindle on the GP has 14 mm holes in it and the caliper bracket is threaded for M14

The Camero uses 12 mm holes and M12 bolts which would be sloppy in the GP spindle.
You can buy M12 bolts and use a 14mm to 12mm reducer so you can use the 12mm bolts.
Both the M14 and M12 bolts are readily available from any GM dealer.

IMHO its a lot easier just to drill and tap the holes in the bracket. This allows the use of the original size bolts and the correct torque for the M14 bolts that came with the car.

Yes the bolts are thread size M12x1.75 not sure of length they have 40, 60,80mm all avail on amazon need grade 12.9

I hate tapping holes. I am just a weekend mechanic. So I would rather just use the sleeves.

I already have sleeves. Just need bolts and brake banjo fittings. I hate shopping would much rather troll the internet for parts. I usually save $$$$ too.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could always just buy 2001 F body bolts from an online GM dealer or give the brackets to a machine shop, spend the same money and use the originals from the GP.
Figure $5-6 a hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back