Chevy cruze diesel -- need oil suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMB

Hello everyone, after my 2 year or 24,000 miles free dealer service is over, I will go back to changing my own oil. Anyone have a diesel cruze? Anyone have any suggestions as far as what oil to run?

You should stick with dexos2. Several of those should be available at local auto parts stores. The dealer would stock some of it too.

Pour yourself some heavy duty diesel engine oil of the viscosity grade 15W-40 in there. According to Valvoline that is what is the best choice. After all ... it's a diesel.

At least that's their recommendation for my VW TDI Jetta that actually calls for a VW norm 507.00 in viscosity grade 5W-30.

I'd go to the dealership and ask what they've been using and if it's not über expensive I'd stick with that.

Originally Posted By: FowVay
Pour yourself some heavy duty diesel engine oil of the viscosity grade 15W-40 in there. According to Valvoline that is what is the best choice. After all ... it's a diesel.

Unfortunately, a 15w-40 CJ-4 lube doesn't meet the specification for the engine. This early under warranty with an engine that's new to North America, I wouldn't want to be playing games with going out of specifications. I bet the dealer is using the AC Delco dexos2 stuff.

As long as the engine is covered by the GM warranty, I would say that using a Dexos 2 rated 5W-30 oil is the smart thing to do. Why take a chance in the case of an engine problem having the warranty voided because the wrong oil was used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back