ford focus hard start

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mount at a part store was 120 itll only cost us 100 to have it done because the warranty has a 100 deductible. It has a disappearing deductible but only at the original dealer she bought it from. Theyre conveniently out of business.

Actually Ram_boy,

I said it didnt have an ECT sensor
smile.gif

Please check your facts.

Since your current scanner is too hard to use (you never post anything about using it)

you should consider getting a new one

perhaps this very simple scanner for 15.50$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...5705&cm_sp=

would have found your problem nearly instantly.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ram_man
The mount at a part store was 120 itll only cost us 100 to have it done because the warranty has a 100 deductible. It has a disappearing deductible but only at the original dealer she bought it from. Theyre conveniently out of business.

Hot [censored], that does look to be retail price for an Anchor mount from a brick & mortar parts store (AAP or AZ). I can't remember what we paid at the shop on our account, but it wasn't $120, I would ballpark our cost at $60-$70, but I can't remember for sure. Napa has it at $90 retail for a Balkamp.

Rock Auto has the same Anchor mount, same part # (3103) for $12.37. No mention of it being a closeout or anything.

That makes no sense.

Originally Posted By: Rand
Actually Ram_boy,

I said it didnt have an ECT sensor
smile.gif

Please check your facts.

Since your current scanner is too hard to use (you never post anything about using it)

you should consider getting a new one

perhaps this very simple scanner for 15.50$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...5705&cm_sp=

would have found your problem nearly instantly.

I honestly believe you just post bull to [censored] people off. So I will not be responding further to your b.s.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

Hot [censored], that does look to be retail price for an Anchor mount from a brick & mortar parts store (AAP or AZ). I can't remember what we paid at the shop on our account, but it wasn't $120, I would ballpark our cost at $60-$70, but I can't remember for sure. Napa has it at $90 retail for a Balkamp.

Rock Auto has the same Anchor mount, same part # (3103) for $12.37. No mention of it being a closeout or anything.

That makes no sense.

I know the ford dealer quoted me a price of 129 and the parts store said 120 . couldn't believe the prices were almost the same. I had to make sure I didnt dial the dealer by mistake . Lol

This is definitely a weird one...a $100+ price difference on a fairy inexpensive part is very unusual. Generally in parts, anything will have at least 3 prices...cost, retail, list. Cost is what businesses will pay other businesses for a part, retail is what a walk-in individual (ie BITOGers) will pay for a part, and list is what someone going to a shop for a repair will pay for the part. There are actually four prices when you consider what manufacturers charge the sellers/retail outlets for the part, but that price doesn't really enter the equation except when you are cutting deals to an important commercial customer (don't want to go lower than that). Also, commercial customers will pay varying prices depending on how important they are to the seller. This particular part # is all over the place in price. My best guess is brick & mortar places have figured out it's a fast moving part # and jacked the price up accordingly to get the people who need it today and won't shop around much, but still, that's a [censored] of a markup. Google Marketplace is all over for Anchor part # 3103 too.

Its funny how if look up the part it is simply called a coolant Temp sensor. Funnier yet is I never called it an ect. And even Funnier yet is your desire to split hairs just to cause an argument. Do you enjoy drama? I am confused by your devotion to Derail and cause disagreements on the board.

Its funny how if look up the part it is simply called a coolant Temp sensor.

CHT is cylinder head temp sensor.

Not coolant temp sensor.
It measures the temp of the cylinder head.

educate yourself here

Also if you did have a BAD CHT sensor there would be other effects than just flooding that only happens when you start it and shut it off.
(which is normal)

still waiting on that work order post it up so I'm wrong
smile.gif

You constantly serve up/change the story to make yourself right. you need look no farther than this thread.

PS: Still doubt you own a scanner, because this problem would be extremely apparent if you had one and used it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand
Its funny how if look up the part it is simply called a coolant Temp sensor.

CHT is cylinder head temp sensor.

Not coolant temp sensor.
It measures the temp of the cylinder head.

educate yourself here

Also if you did have a BAD CHT sensor there would be other effects than just flooding that only happens when you start it and shut it off.
(which is normal)

still waiting on that work order post it up so I'm wrong
smile.gif

You constantly serve up/change the story to make yourself right. you need look no farther than this thread.

PS: Still doubt you own a scanner, because this problem would be extremely apparent if you had one and used it.

I dont have to prove anything to you. I do have a scanner but it was an odd intermittent failure...the dealer thougnt it was odd to. I own an actron scanner it does a decent job.
Also Rand to be quite frank. I was right that there was an issue. I didn't know what it was I didnt try to diagnose it either. Its fixed thats all that matters.

You strike me as one of those [censored] hole people who always have to point out everyone else flaws without realizing your own. Whats more sad is it appears you have an in with a moderator because you get a way with treating people like [censored] constantly and trolling very often yet no body seems to send you on vacation. Maybe they arent seeing you behavior or they don't care. But the way you have treated me is ridiculous and I think you should be ashamed, however I am sure you are not...

You're starting to feel like Technologs/GHT/Chevyman

I'm not going to even bother giving you any of my sometimes helpful advice.
You've been here about 1/2 the time I've been, yet have nearly double the posts, that should say it all right there

/abandoningthread

The fact that people beat me to a meme or image macro that's appropriate shows what we feel about you and your contribution to the forum.

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
You're starting to feel like Technologs/GHT/Chevyman

I'm not going to even bother giving you any of my sometimes helpful advice.
You've been here about 1/2 the time I've been, yet have nearly double the posts, that should say it all right there

/abandoningthread

The fact that people beat me to a meme or image macro that's appropriate shows what we feel about you and your contribution to the forum.

why comment to just run your mouth? Please explain that thought process to me! Its amazing how rude some of you are on here. I never have even spoken to you yet you feel so intrigued to treat me like [censored]. Why?

That makes no sense.

IIRC, I paid something like $78.00 for OEM FWIW.

Yea, that's still expensive I'm not sure why it's so expensive. The sad part is the old one looks decent still but the new one made a world of difference. Usually a bad mount looks obvious but in this case that's not the case.

I dont have to prove anything to you.

So, Translation Still no invoice
smile.gif

My whole take on this saga:
you had a bad dream about your saturn ECT going bad.

Then had this 13.2w light bulb(incandescent) go on over your head .. Hey I can invent a ECT problem on the focus so I'm magically "right" again.

I'm done with this thread. Feel free to post that invoice anytime and I'll admit I was 100% wrong about you.

Last edited:
Rand you waited a week and then come back to start [censored] again. You are a little child.You are sosorry excuse of a person. Inhave the invoice in her glove box but i dont feel inclined or obligated to show your stupid [censored]. We all know that if I posted it up you would just say its a fake blah blah blah. Especially since I could make one at school and you wouldn't know. It would be easy to make a fake and you know that which is why you bash me more if I did that. I have zero to prove to you so I am not concerned with showing you or "proving you wrong"
believe it or not sweet cheeks I don't wake up and wonder if the all mighty rand will give me his approval today. If I wanted a strange mans approval I could go on a million different dating websites and find a desperate man that could give his undying approval. But instead I come on an oil forum and there is creepy guy who stalks my posts and expects me to want his approval because I should prove something to him. Its flattering really but I think you need to grow up just a little. You just look like a desperate little boy who likes to cause uneeded amounts of drama. My guess is the drama tickles your fancy......I wouldn't be surprised!!

I suspect a fake invoice from your school would end up being painfully obvious in some way.

But I don't care.

Rand certainly hit the right button today.
crackmeup2.gif

It wouldn't be obvious at all but that's not the point I shouldn't have to prove myself all the time. I just called it how i see it and that's how I see it.

LOL, dude, a fake warranty invoice from your school made by you would be glaringly obvious. No offense, but I can assure you many on this board would be able to spot it right away.

LOL, dude, a fake warranty invoice from your school made by you would be glaringly obvious. No offense, but I can assure you many on this board would be able to spot it right away.

You realize I could take the Original invoice copy it onto computer and edit it thus adding in whatever I wanted in the same font they used and it would look 100% real. If you don't understand that then you are a bigger fool than you act on here . I'm not going to prove anything to anyone because I don't need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back