ford focus hard start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a great night guys..I'm not going to explain my self at every turn
I apologize I wasn't straight forward with the initial info given that is my fault I'm using my phone and hate typing long lengthy things on it. No excuse I should have given the full details. I was only wanting things i should mention to the dealer if need be or maybe a common issue for focuses.
I hope you all have a good night and hopefully tomorrow the dealer will have the info on the issue and I will report back. Take care everyone

Well that was entertaining. It got me to thinking about my boat that has been sitting in the driveway all winter. Through this long cold winter. I think I should go start it up for a few minutes. Why? Because it was cold.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
So what did the dealer find?

Operator error, but what will they tell Ram_boy?

That's the question.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
Well that was entertaining.

Yeah, makes me thankful OVERKILL doesn't do my posts like that.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: satinsilver

laugh.gif

I did say I would update you all when they find the issue. They got to it at 3 pm today and called me a few minutes ago right before they closed. And said the warranty would cover it all like in thought and they had to push it in to the shop because today it wouldn't start for them at all.
It definitely has an issue and seems to be cold related.
But since I only drove it 15 miles to the dealer it could have not been warmed up and could have flooded itself.
28.gif

Lol. We shall wait and see.

Last edited:
How do they know the warranty will cover it all if they haven't diagnosed anything yet? And the car has been there since yesterday, but they didn't touch it until late this afternoon?

Man what's with all the cryptic posts? It's "an issue" "that seems" cold related? Did they tell you what's wrong?

They weren't expecting to get to it till Friday.
And it's an extended warranty so they had to look up the info on what all it covered.
The place she bought the car closed down and the paper work was in the little sip up owners manual cover with the manual that ford gives you and someone stole it thinking it was a cd case or something.
I gave you guys all the info they had. I don't understand why every little thing I say has to be put into question.....kind of ridiculous. That's what they said they will know more tomorrow. And then I'll update you guys.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
Originally Posted By: satinsilver

laugh.gif

I did say I would update you all when they find the issue. They got to it at 3 pm today and called me a few minutes ago right before they closed. And said the warranty would cover it all like in thought and they had to push it in to the shop because today it wouldn't start for them at all.
It definitely has an issue and seems to be cold related.
But since I only drove it 15 miles to the dealer it could have not been warmed up and could have flooded itself.
28.gif

Lol. We shall wait and see.

In the spirit of the thread, you could be making it up, LOL!
grin.gif

Seriously though, it could also be something as stupid as water in the tank. "Warranty will cover it", as ranger noted, is a rather bold statement considering they have no idea what the "issue" is yet. Would they cover draining the tank and replacing the fuel filter if somebody peed in your mom's gas tank?
21.gif

If it is cold related why would they push it into the shop, when they could leave it out overnight to have a good cold soak???

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
If it is cold related why would they push it into the shop, when they could leave it out overnight to have a good cold soak???

Easy now, don't be trying to inject logic into this thread! That's happened already a few times and the results weren't pleasant
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Would they cover draining the tank and replacing the fuel filter if somebody peed in your mom's gas tank?
21.gif

Wasnt someone on here interested in peeing in gas tanks and onto the cowl intakes of cars?

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Would they cover draining the tank and replacing the fuel filter if somebody peed in your mom's gas tank?
21.gif

Wasnt someone on here interested in peeing in gas tanks and onto the cowl intakes of cars?

ThreadDirection.png

grin.gif

Come on, ram_man, I know you're at least one time zone different! but the suspense is killing me, and I want to know what the issue is! Are you going to hang at the dealer to see how they go after the issue?

I'm serious, that could turn into a job lead for you!

The pushed it back out at closing time I believe. Hoping to start fresh today.

Come on, ram_man, I know you're at least one time zone different! but the suspense is killing me, and I want to know what the issue is! Are you going to hang at the dealer to see how they go after the issue?

I'm serious, that could turn into a job lead for you!

I have no desire to work at a Ford dealership. If I had to deal with ford every day I would probably be a heavy drinker. And I'm giving them their space so they can do their job.
They should have an answer today when I know I will tell you.

ram_man, I for the life of me don't understand why you continue to post here, considering the abuse you get from the self proclaimed hotshots, the baloney from the know nothing wannabe hotshots and the general mis-information from most everyone, it just seems to me to be not worth the aggravation. You have my sympathy.
Good luck,

Wayne

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
ram_man, I for the life of me don't understand why you continue to post here, considering the abuse you get from the self proclaimed hotshots, the baloney from the know nothing wannabe hotshots and the general mis-information from most everyone, it just seems to me to be not worth the aggravation. You have my sympathy.

Wayne

I honestly have no idea why I come back.
I guess because the board is big so responses are quick. But I get treated so poorly I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Everyone the problem was found. It was a bad temp sensor. And they are replacing motor mounts since the car has a vibration has had it for atleast 30,000 miles. They guys said the focus mounts are junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back