10% Gain In Fuel Economy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Eddie
Absolutely amazing.

Truly amazing. The word dealer always gets me thinking when I see these claims.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Absolutely amazing.

No kidding.
10% with nothing but a different oil is absurd.
Unless this guy went from a straight 60 grade to a 0w-20.
Maybe since he's a dealer he's gotten his hands on some of that 0w-16 stuff and went from a straight 60 to the 0w-16.

This kind of stuff is the reason I joined BITOG years ago. Don't bother posting links to this stuff unless it meets the level of knowedge that this board recognizes. Our Amzoil guys would never make such a statement. JMO- FWIW

Oldtommy

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Claims like this gives Amsoil dealer's and the company a bad name.

It sure does.

I can get 10-15% gain in fuel economy in my cars if I reduce highway speed from 80-85 MPH to 60-65 MPH.

Changing oil grade by 2 from M1 0W40 to name brand xW20 I can get 2-3% improvement in MPG in my E430 over several thousands miles.

Changing 1 name brand to another but stay with same grade and type (dino to dino, syn to syn) the improvement is unmeasurable. by any method.

In that website the poster "strat81" is a straight talker. He should join BITOG.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Absolutely amazing.

No kidding.
10% with nothing but a different oil is absurd.
Unless this guy went from a straight 60 grade to a 0w-20.
Maybe since he's a dealer he's gotten his hands on some of that 0w-16 stuff and went from a straight 60 to the 0w-16.

+1 ^^^^^^^^^

Total Hype. a 10% variance is so close, just user error can be that much, fuel brands can do that, driving with the A/C off will do that.

WWAAYY too many variables. Typical AMSOIL Sales C R A P. Is why I dont buy their oil. The People that sell the stuff anoy the HECK out of me.
spankme2.gif

Jeff

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I can get 10-15% gain in fuel economy in my

In that website the poster "strat81" is a straight talker. He should join BITOG.

uh he was the OP?

Absolutely amazing.

No need for manufacturers to spend millions on R&D to get a few tenths more per gallon just use this stuff.
19.gif

Originally Posted By: Trav
Absolutely amazing.

No need for manufacturers to spend millions on R&D to get a few tenths more per gallon just use this stuff.
19.gif

No need for CAFE with those kind of gains.

Soon as I read it I knew he was a re-seller, they are all the same rediculous claims of how this oil has transformed their vehicle from average to a finely tuned super machine, all this from a oil change. its getting so annoying and exactly why I stay away from that product. That and the fact I can change my oil twice with the cost of a "amsoil" oil change.

It's totally believable.

Amsoil must have been reading the BITOG oil additives section, seen the mpg gains some members were claiming, and reformulated their oils.

lol.gif

The Amsoil dealer actually explained the reason for his mpg increase without realizing.

He stated that the OLM was showing 40% left with 5700 miles. Previously it was going to 6200-6800 miles.

So his driving style has changed, better weather, longer trips, less stop and go. All the things that are harder on oil also return worse mpg.

He didn't correlate those two data points and instead claimed his driving style was the same and wanted to claim the OLM felt Amsoil was better oil both for longevity and mpg.

Exactly. I do not use Amsoil precisely because of this type of nonsense. The oil may be great but I am not going to support that type of garbage. While there may be really reputable guys dealing Amsoil, most that I have encountered insult my intelligence with their banter.

Originally Posted By: TrevorS
The Amsoil dealer actually explained the reason for his mpg increase without realizing.

He stated that the OLM was showing 40% left with 5700 miles. Previously it was going to 6200-6800 miles.

So his driving style has changed, better weather, longer trips, less stop and go. All the things that are harder on oil also return worse mpg.

He didn't correlate those two data points and instead claimed his driving style was the same and wanted to claim the OLM felt Amsoil was better oil both for longevity and mpg.

I didn't bother to read the article...but what ur saying makes perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back